• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wallowed out LCA adjuster?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So I'm currently trying to hunt down my 40-50mph vibes and in doing so about the last thing to check is the control arms...my stock ones with 4" lift are well flexed/bent/worn out (yes, I'm saving money for aftermarket ones) so I got some stock ones off a friend who lifted his rig since this time of year my rig wont see much flexing, and these have better bushings and arn't bent...this way I can figure out if the vibes are from the control arms.

Well, I noticed on the passenger side the adjuster piece in the LCA is wallowed out...and has a lot of play. Is this a big deal? I didn't notice it on my other LCA...but I could have been blind. Go to a junkyard, or will NAPA have them? (I didn't see any)

Here's a cell phone pic.
5787689ye6.jpg

~Scott

nobody?

~Scott

...Is it possible this is only on the right side because of the excess torque?

~Scott

I,m going out on a limb here and saying that the hole is made that way--

There are suppost (SP) to be shims placed behind the inner part of the bracket.and the hole needs to be slotted for this to happen.

You probably didn,t have the bolts tight enough,or pulled back to the rear.

Wayne

I,m going out on a limb here and saying that the hole is made that way--

There are suppost (SP) to be shims placed behind the inner part of the bracket.and the hole needs to be slotted for this to happen.

You probably didn,t have the bolts tight enough,or pulled back to the rear.

Wayne

Well I understand the frame mount hole is supposed to be slotted, but the part that the shims move isn't (because the other side isn't slotted) and it's very obvious metal was moved (large edge on either side, and imperfections) I just need to know if this is OK.

~Scott

If I (you) were really concerned about the alignment and tire wear--then I would replace the inner part of the caster adjustment.Otherwise just tighten it down.
115 ft lbs is factory spec

Wayne

Those horseshoe like adjusters can wallow-out. I've replaced both sides on my 88'. You need to go to the junk yard to get replacements. Bring a breaker bar / pipe and a long extension to clear the body. I would also replace the bolts, because they may be narrowed.

Back