• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So what's keeping you busy this time of year?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So with the whole economic situation, the general weather, and the fact that I'm bored...I thought I'd see what everyone else is doing to keep themselves busy? (Pics make the thread better! :))

I personally have been lifting weights, and working on my Jeep everyday. Pretty happy with how both are turning out so far, unfortunately still trying to pin-point my current 40-50mph vibes. I haven't gone skiing yet, but once the snow picks up I expect that to take over.

89897me9.jpg

Cleaned the bedliner off the thors with my new Craftsman professional 4.5" grinder (highly recommend) and added a few coats of Rustoleum flat black, the same as everything else on my Jeep.

6575678uy0.jpg

And my new "rocklights", harbor freight specials at $10 for a set of fog lights with all the wiring, $4 for tail light repair tape (red), and $3 for a bunch of rubber grommet (to put wires through floor boards + silicon). I'm REALLY happy with how these turned out, for the price I might just get another set for further rear. These lights are brighter in person, and for extra visibility they do great...I can't wait to try these out on a night run, the cool thing is that the red doesnt blind you and worst case I can just pull the red tape off.

So what's everyone else working on?

~Scott

Last edited:
The one you picked up recently? What are your plans?
:eyes:

~Scott

Currently doing the head gasket. Taking the head in tomorrow to have it resurfaced. Going to assemble this weekend IF they get it done tomorrow.

Upgrading to the 2000 and up intake, home brew bored throttle body, and maybe some port work on the head and intake if I have the time.

If the things holds up driving it around for a week or so(make sure everything electrical, engine, tranny, ect..), I plan on swapping over all my stuff from my 91. Rocker replacements, fold rear quarters, ect.. Trying to keep the body somewhat clean looking on this one. We'll see how long that lasts though. ;)

Working up to deployment, long hours, and of course a lot of little items to work out, and in any spare time I'm working on the cage design for my driving lights.

mac

Well today we wrecked an '03 Road King 100th Anniversary, evidently gravel on paved roads plus stopping plus the back of my truck equals devistated front fenders.

that was mid day.

started the day here: http://www.raclodge.com/
I recommend the vlad the imp ale'r, 10.3% and a mix between wine, Jack Daniels and beer, and the Celtic Copper, an epic super smooth amber. (also recommend the pulled pork sliders)

Wrecked bike.

then here: http://www.drinkbeerhere.com/
I recommend the very beautiful women, very beautiful employees. For beer, Mr. Toads, a great amber ale, its like drinking candy.

all in all not a bad day would have been an epic brewery day if there had not been gravel on the roads.

Last edited:
Looks like some people have too much time on their hands.

That is what happens when you have no work. I work once a week...:mad:

~Scott

I got my door armor cut to rough lengths the other day, I'll do some further trimming tonight. Maybe I'll stop off today at Blowe's and pick up the pull-rivets and construction tape to mount them.

Awesome. :D:D:D

I'm dreading yanking everything out of my XJ to pull the carpet and track down the leak. :tears: It's starting to smell like grass from all the Moab/Baja dirt getting wet. :farmer:

I haven't been layed off yet :eyes: but still getting 40 hours a week. Most people around my work are trying to prove their worth. You know, instead of doing a good job all the time they wait untill layoff time to get motivated and annoy the crap out of me.

My new project is an Austin Healey im doing some frame repairs on ( http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=980263) no pics yet but it's in my garage and I'll start on Sunday. I'm hoping I make enough money to invest in a bigger welder or something to support my 4x4 habit.

I am prepping the 95 for some trail running with y'all this year.

Front and rear bumpers (Prolly JCR unless someone wants to tempt me) so i have TOW POINTS! yay!

Plugs/Wires/Distributor/Cap/Rotor/Coil... CPS is already new.

Swapping in the (edit: NOT '98) '87 Cherokee D44 rear end.

Lockers F&R

Since I use this for SAR (Search and Rescue) activities as well I've been thinking about stripping the floor carpet and doing the bed-liner thing to make clean-out easier.

I also want some Warrior Product tube doors!

Ya, I have a little list to work on.

The Big E!

Last edited:
Just got a promotion last month and I'm saving/looking for a new rig to swap everything over to.

Back