• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SICK of searching, newbie question

joeyschribar

NAXJA Forum User
ok, what diffs are possible to get on a 1987 FORD 3/4 TON 4x4.

im going to swap them into my xj, the guy lives an hour away and i want to know what diffs they are.

3/4 ton = F250, wouldn't that have a d44 atleast.

You do not want a TTB D50 (twin traction beam) ford. It is not a strait conventional axle. If you had a D60 front it shares some parts (outers and hubs).

FWIW, as far as i know, no 3/4ton truck has come with 1 ton axles in the front. What i mean is, if your looking for a cheap front 60 only 1tons had them. And basicly all other 3/4 ton 4wds had slightly differant versions of the D44. The 10 bolt front was chevys version (shares most of the same parts).
The TTB was a coil setup for ford that lasted for awile. But NOBODY swaps to a TTB.

I havent been in the MOPAR crowd for awile. But unless its a 1ton 4wd it is a D44 of somesort.

Hope that helps.

TTB no workee...

zim_build.jpg

joepapppa you trying to put a TTB in your cherokee? or was that a POS Bronco I see?

that ttb pic got my hopes up, and then promptly let down when i saw its no xj.

ttb's are capable of serious travel............ when utilized on a ranger.. like, 20+ country.
itd be great to see one on an former-xj, no way a-arms would fit, but ttb?

Back