• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone quick with the wrench?

nikga89

NAXJA Forum User
i have a leaking water pump and a leaking timing cover. id like to fix them at the same time due to there close proximity but... i usually dont have anyone to help me. so my little projects end up taking all day or all weekend. (making the wife very upset) so if any one lives near north sd county and is willing to help me out for an afternoon id appreciate it. this is my daily driver another reason it needs to get done over the weekend cuz I HAVE TO have it working come monday....

Bonsall... id have to get the gaskets still and id really like to put in a hi flow pump in while im at it but cant afford it right now. if anything just get the timing cover done for sure.

Timing cover's a lot of work. You have to basically strip the front of the motor. Plan on 6 or so hours for that. The water pump on the other hand doesn't take that long, maybe 2-3 hours. I'd offer to help but my wife gets upset enough when I work on my own junk, but she gets pissed when I bring someone else's junk to my house to work on. I will be replacing my radiator Fri afternoon.

strapwrench.jpg

strap wrench

Back