• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Guage Cluster Swap??

Hey guys,

I currently have a 92 laredo with the stock guage cluster (not idiot lights) but unfortunately the heep has been written off. I'm picking up a 91 sport that only has a speedo and tach, the rest are idiot lights. I'd like to swap them over but I was wondering if it is possible to do so (plug and play or minor mods ok). Thanks in advance for the input.

Tristan

both have electronic speedo. you may have to change the oil pressure and temp sending units so its not plug and play but you can get it to work if you swap the senders/sensors along with the cluster. you may have to find the wire for the tach.

91 and up odos are nearly impossible to adjust. They have a cage built around them, are suppossed to be tamper-proof, and they are for me. :shocked: The earlier odos though are no problem.

If you do the swap, I believe if you take it to a state inspection place or the dealer, they can validate the swap and install a sticker that shows that.

Back