• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anyone Else?

homebrew

NAXJA Forum User
So last night my wife is leaving the store she steps off the curb and into a pot hole twist her right ankel and breaks it at, the same time sprains her left ankel and gets rode rash on her elbow and foot. After 5 hours in the ER I get her home come through the door and she almost face plants in the living room trying to walk with her crutches. So I am gonna have some time off work because she cant walk so I get to carrier her to and from.

Just wondering if anyone else's wife is as clumbsy?

4th of july 03, wife was racing a kid from the condo to the pool and when she came off the curb and her foot hit the street, her tibia plateu broke off. Thats the major bone in the shin, the top of it where it attaches and the upper thiegh bone basically, rest on it. they both cradle each other with a slight U shape. well the lower plateu collided hard enough with the upper and 1/2 of the U broke off.

She landed in the street on her side and the kid came running up to me at the pool just on the opposite corner and yelled hey your wife is in the middle of the street hurt... I looked over and yelled get outa the street dammit... Yeah that was not good. got every profound word.

I got there and told her to stand up, I got hit and yelled at again. haha..

I got the SUV and pulled up and told her to get in, again got yelled at. haha...

Helped her in the SUV adn told her to get over it and I will get her to a hospital, yep got hit again...

Got to Kiaser, DONT GO THERE for all you others in an Emergancy, and pulled up to Emergancy and walked in and asked them for a wheel chair. they looked at me like I was crazy adn what the hell is that. I proceeded to do the whole cart pushing gesture and said WHEEL CHAIR! they looked around and said, let me see if we can find one. OMG its a emergancy room.

Needless to say went to a real hospital and 2 days later she had 2 titanium screws (1 - 56MM and 1 - 35MM) installed.

We lived in a 2 story and up was bedrooms and shower/baths. down was living kit and toilet only. everyday on my way to work I would carrier her down and when I got up we went up stairs.

WHY cant women just Suck it up! I could have duct taped that knee like no ones business and she would have been fine in a few days. right?

Last edited:
So last night my wife is leaving the store she steps off the curb and into a pot hole twist her right ankel and breaks it at, the same time sprains her left ankel and gets rode rash on her elbow and foot. After 5 hours in the ER I get her home come through the door and she almost face plants in the living room trying to walk with her crutches. So I am gonna have some time off work because she cant walk so I get to carrier her to and from.

yeah buddy...lol

she is...lol

i can't help but laugh at her sometimes. lol

Well, I don't have a wife =). Not my kinda gender! And I tend to spill things, rather than break myself. My ex- is the accident-prone one--he's broken himself way too many times!

But, Paul, if you get to go back to work, give your wife my number if she needs help/runaround stuff. I live less than a mile from you, and am off work at 2pm these days, and at lunch 10:15-11:15 in Kearny Mesa, so I'm fairly available & nearby, and would be happy to help out if needed. Note: I don't do bedpans, though!
Carol

Well, I don't have a wife =). Not my kinda gender! And I tend to spill things, rather than break myself. My ex- is the accident-prone one--he's broken himself way too many times!

But, Paul, if you get to go back to work, give your wife my number if she needs help/runaround stuff. I live less than a mile from you, and am off work at 2pm these days, and at lunch 10:15-11:15 in Kearny Mesa, so I'm fairly available & nearby, and would be happy to help out if needed. Note: I don't do bedpans, though!
Carol

Right on Carol thanks, Work let me off until next thursday hoping that gives her time to get used to the crutches and teaching her how to drive with her left foot without locking up the breaks

Not my wife but my mom just broke her wrist walking into a gas station to buy milk. It was really funny though because she walked in slipped broke her wrist and then while shes laying on the floor this Asian guy walks in walks right by her and stands at the counter waiting for the clerk (who just ran to help my mom) with an annoyed look on his face. So my mom gets up gets her milk and walks right in front of the guy and says "YOU F%*$ING ASSHOLE I JUST BROKE MY WRIST". Paid for the milk and went home, then to the ER haha. OH this all happened on Christmas night and her birthday happens to be the 26th so Christmas/ birthday sucked for her this year.

Not my wife but my mom just broke her wrist walking into a gas station to buy milk. It was really funny though because she walked in slipped broke her wrist and then while shes laying on the floor this Asian guy walks in walks right by her and stands at the counter waiting for the clerk (who just ran to help my mom) with an annoyed look on his face. So my mom gets up gets her milk and walks right in front of the guy and says "YOU F%*$ING ASSHOLE I JUST BROKE MY WRIST". Paid for the milk and went home, then to the ER haha. OH this all happened on Christmas night and her birthday happens to be the 26th so Christmas/ birthday sucked for her this year.

D'oh!!! That sucks!

Hopefully it'll go better for her next year...

A few years back my wife and I were partying downtown in SD for new years, got pretty happy and headed up to hillcrest for a few more. Being the financial manager of our family, she said we were straight out of cash so we had to walk about 10 blocks no big deal.

On the 4th avenue overpass we are goofin around and she steps off a pretty big curb and gets a gnarly spiral fracture to her tibia. Some "good samaritans" pass by and see me trying to get her on her feet but think that I'm trying to beat her down. :-( They pick her up and leave me there like looser...

The next day her leg was swollen up like a log and they told her she needed surgery right away. A couple of titanium srews and a couple $$$ later she was all fixed up. Turns out she had 65 bucks in the other side of her jeans. Could've easily taken a cab. Yes, clumsy and um whats the word...

Some "good samaritans" pass by and see me trying to get her on her feet but think that I'm trying to beat her down. :-( They pick her up and leave me there like a loser...

Could've easily taken a cab. Yes, clumsy and um whats the word...
Clumsy and um grateful (that you only LOOK like a wife beater to Good Samaritans)??

Actually, after she got her cast put on, I gave her a proper beat down for putting me through all that hell.

:) Just kidding
Nice... =)

Back