• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New edelbrock header for 00-01 4.0L

igotanxj

NAXJA Forum User
Just found this browsing Edelbrock's website. Its another option for you dual outlet manifold guys. Technically uts for 00-06 4.0L, but since we XJ owners care of no such Jeeps after 2001, I'll just say 2000-2001. :)
65932.jpg

http://www.edelbrock.com/new_products/

Sweet but that would be a lot of pipe and heat right under intake manifold,
Should be fine at speed but for hard slow high stress offing I see a lot of heat being dumped under the intake, coated or not.
Would like to see some wheel HP numbers RIGHT after a hard pull. Like the condition you see towing or on a hard trail on a hot day.
Often they have a huge 2~3 HP fan blowing onto the front of a vehicle as they run test. Even leaving the hood open.
A cross flow head would have been nice.

Last edited:
OK, cross flow head... take both heads off a 3.9 Magnum series V-6, then you get a TIG welder, right, and....
Looks like you'd want to raise your hood or add vents / a functioning cowl or some such but I don't see any problem running this stock, really. I'd love to get dual 2.25" flowing from the back of the Heep.

looks good. moco represent(pgco native, and dc born, but a block or two away from whs). lol

I don't see any problem running this stock, really.
===========================================
Problems NO. But make any extra HP under the condition described in my first post. I don't think so.
I see.
============================================
I'd love to get dual 2.25" flowing from the back of the Heep.
============================================
Your "form before function". Cool
By they way. With the factory split exhaust manifold you can have a true dual poop pipe.
Bui if you run all the cats and a muffler the factory manifold would make as much HP as the header. (((IMO))) anyway and real HP gain is what I'm talking about. Maybe more once that can of worms cooks the intake to a medium rare.
You have your wish list. Dual exhaust and it very doable. Go for it.
My list. Cross flow head. Not so doable. So what.
PS: My hoods is raised in the summer..

Last edited:
$508.39 for ceramic coated at Summit Racing. Expected ship date 2/2/09

Badron - get the feeling you took me wrong somehow. No intention of busting your balls, man. On the dual exhaust thing - a true dual 2.25 would be good for up to 400 ish horsepower but I forgot about the o2 sensor at the cat (there is one there isn't there? haven't poked around under the rig in a bit) which would make things more complicated... maybe a Y pipe with 3" outlet to a 3" cat, split it again after with a 3" in, 2.25 out Y.... blah whatever.
My point is this: The header looks legit but like the APN might even flow better with fewer bends, etc.

The 00/01 XJ split exhaust manifold has 3 cats. (I have two 2001 XJs) The factory 01 split exhaust manifold first dumps into 2 very small cats that sit right next to the engine, A "Y" down pipe joins the output of the two small cats. Then feeds the one larger cat under the XJ. With O2 all over the place.
This is why the Edelbrock header for 00-01 4.0L has 2 out lets. So it can retain compatibility with the rest of the stock exhaust system and remain legal in all 50 states.
You MAY use them in your state to make a true dual pipe system. Just blow off the 2 small cats then with custom down pipes into duel cats and them duel mufflers etc. In some state they don't care as long as all the pipes have cats and mufflers
Best to check with the state.
Yea, I went off thr deep end on that reply.

Last edited:
Back