• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding to leafspring pockets

Chainer

NAXJA Forum User
I put on my 3" lift over the weekend. Still getting a bang from the rear over small sharp bumps. I've realized the leaf spring pocket bolt holes are wallowed out.

Is it ok to weld the grade 8 washers that fit the bolts right to the spring perch? Or do I have to go through the trouble of reinforcing the whole pocket?

The washer would probably work but if you are going to weld it anyways I would just reinforce it while you are there.

I will probably reinforce it later, but for now I just want to eliminate the clunk, and keep it from getting worse until it warms up. It's -5 before windchill right now.

Yep. weld in a washer and it will be good. -5 sucks for working outside, my body shuts down at +15 so i couldn't live up there!

I like those hot, humid, and hazy 95 degree summer days!

Well after the icicles melted off of my goatee I got back on the computer to say, that I think it worked.

I welded the outside washers and it seems to have gotten rid of most of it. When it warms up to positive degrees i'll have to pull the bolts and weld the nuts to the other washers to the inside frame rail.

Back