• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Solid Axle Industries...Uhhhh

vortex

NAXJA Forum User
So I was putting my new SOLID diff cover on my 35 and as i went to test fit that sucker it turned out that S.A.I. sent me a D30 cover instead of the D35 I ordered....uhh it only took a month to show up so its not like I'm in a big hurry to put it on....:twak:.

So I gave SOLID a call and I was like "umm you guys sent me the wrong cover the shipping receipt say Dana 35 and I am holding a Dana 30 axle cover." then he says "ya are?!" i just wanted to say.....no im just yanking your chain buddy have a nice day......so I say "well can you guys send me the correct one" he says "yup ill ship it when I the chance and just make sure you ship that old one back or something"......Are all these guys this useless? Or is it just my luck.....

So realisticly i just wasted 10 bucks worth of gear oil and missed 3 classes today just to find that i was sent the wrong part....

Just my luck...

Sorry for the rant i was a little pissed i wasted time and money...
Have a nice day!

-PJ-

Last edited:
The real question is, how did you not realize the cover was different before you installed it?

~Scott

"yup ill ship it when I get the chance and just make sure you ship that old one back"......Are all these guys this useless?

-PJ-

Really? Them accepting their wrong and fixxing it ASAP renders them useless...?

Sounds to me that all your expenses and missed time could have been avoided if you noticed the shape of the diff cover was wrong...or that the part numbers didnt match up...

You have the wrong attitude towards this IMO. Yes, you got the wrong one, but without any hesitation they are sending you the correct one to fix their error. Everyone makes mistakes, just another day. This thread should be about good customer service, not about how the shit hit the fan and you got the wrong one.

-Lyle

Last edited:
Really? Them accepting their wrong and fixxing it ASAP renders them useless...?

Sounds to me that all your expenses and missed time could have been avoided if you noticed the shape of the diff cover was wrong...or that the part numbers didnt match up...

You have the wrong attitude towards this IMO. Yes, you got the wrong one, but without any hesitation they are sending you the correct one to fix their error. Everyone makes mistakes, just another day. This thread should be about good customer service, not about how the shit hit the fan and you got the wrong one.

-Lyle

well the customer service is GREAT!!! Its just that it was an inconviniance ALSO the numbers DID match up thats why i didn't think anything about it....Plus my old cover looks the same as the new one...shape wise...

-PJ-

I know the folks from SOLID professionally and can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that they're super good people. I even bought (!) a rear diff cover; I had no issues at all. I think this is a wierd situation that could have been prevented on both sides. Either way, it sounds like they're going to do what needs to be done to make it right...I don't see what you're bitching about.

-----Matt-----

well the customer service is GREAT!!! Its just that it was an inconviniance ALSO the numbers DID match up thats why i didn't think anything about it....Plus my old cover looks the same as the new one...shape wise...

-PJ-

Talking about a D30 compared to a D35 right? A D35 to an 8.25 I could understand...but really?

dana30.jpg

^Dana 30

dana35.jpg

^Dana 35

I'm with Lyle on this one...

~Scott

oh okay...'89 so that makes sense i have a tow package so im not sure why i don't have the 44....
BTW that rockcrusher 30 cover looks sweet on the heep thanks a lot!

-PJ-

Just an FYI for everyone about parts: Check them out as best you can before you start ripping into it.
For a diff cover you should match the gasket to the cover and to the diff before ripping off the old cover. For the internal seals it's not so easy.... I always arrrange for a back up rig when I tear into my daily driver.

A huge number of parts that are sold in the wrong box are because somebody bought two and returned the wrong one in the wrong box. A diff cover is a perfect example of how this happens: That somebody buys both front and rear then proceeds to tear the snot out of the box for the one he ends up finding he doesn't need. So he throws it into the other box and returns it for his money. The person at the store doesn't realize there might be a reason to question the integrity of what is being returned so politely takes care of the customer and somebody else down the line pays the price.

Vortex; PLEASE put a label on that Solid box noting that it is the wrong unit / misboxed. I'm sure that Solid will rebox or relabel it properly. And be aware that most mail order places would require you to purchase the second cover and not give you a refund on the first until they had it back and verified it - please add two to three weeks for shipping, procrastinating and general lack of concern. :bawl:

Side note: you would be absolutely amazed at how many professional repair shops return parts in the wrong boxes. There are a number of factors like the boss coming through and cleaning stuff up after the techs, an office gal doing the returns who doesn't understand the difference between a core and a warranty, extreme neat freak mechanics who manage to wipe off old parts and use gloves when handling the boxes and of course the " I don't know which caliper was in which box and I don't care that I told you it was a Sentra but turns out to be a Stanza...."

Hahaha

Point taken. Although I Called SOLID and told them what was happening and they said they would ship the correct one out today along with a new shipping label to return the wrong part. Customer service was great...except that it took over a month to get the package....through UPS.

-PJ-

Hahaha

Point taken. Although I Called SOLID and told them what was happening and they said they would ship the correct one out today along with a new shipping label to return the wrong part. Customer service was great...except that it took over a month to get the package....through UPS.

-PJ-

You should be able to see from the label when it was shipped.
The delay could have been from the local issue with snow/flooding.

I was not in a particularly hard hit area but for the last month I could not rely on getting regular mail, UPS, Fed-X, garbage, propane, etc ?
Michael

You should be able to see from the label when it was shipped.
The delay could have been from the local issue with snow/flooding.

I was not in a particularly hard hit area but for the last month I could not rely on getting regular mail, UPS, Fed-X, garbage, propane, etc ?
Michael

Yes, Very true.
I guess seeing as i ordered it BEFORE Christmas it makes sense!

-PJ-

Back