• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Overhead console

wantedu2cme

NAXJA Forum User
i have a 99 cherokee sport and currently do not have a overhead console and im wanting to purchase one and also wondering if the wiring for the console is already there or do i need to purchase the harness and ive also heard about a bracket and somthing about a temp sensor please inform me

you will need to pick up the harness...you'll need the bracket too to mount it on the roof. the temp sensor wiring is already in your car, you just need the sensor itself (which is located on the back of the front bumper). you can get all of this at a junkyard and usually find deals. for the wiring, make sure you get the same harness as your year xj or else you have to cut and splice, but if you get the same year it's plug and play.

Certain year Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan consoles will fit as well - I believe there may be a signal issue with all the functions though if I remember correctly. I know there was quite an extensive report on these over at www.ilovejeeps.com about a year ago

Yucca-Man said:
Certain year Dodge Caravan/Grand Caravan consoles will fit as well - I believe there may be a signal issue with all the functions though if I remember correctly. I know there was quite an extensive report on these over at www.ilovejeeps.com about a year ago

Thats correct. The computers are diffrent,so the info will not be correct or wont work at all in some cases.

Back