• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.8 ebrake lines....how to

wishihad1

NAXJA Forum User
well im trying to get my jeep to pass inspection and im pretty sure all i need is emergency brakes.

when i got my 8.8 i tore out all the OEM ebrake stuff because if was so rusted it was pretty much worthless

so i found napa sells everything i need to set up the shoes again, with springs and hardware.

but im not sure what i can do about brakelines yet. ive heard of people using ZJ lines, and 2 pass. side YJ lines

whats the best route to go. ive got around 6 inches of lift

I used my stock 01 lines, cut a bit off the spring, wrapped it around the lever and cable clamped it to itself. Borrowed the pic from http://www.jedi.com/obiwan/jeep/ford88.html . Decent writeup on it 3/4 page down.

ford88_ebrake_cable16_720.jpg

Last edited:
the ZJ cables are too short (at least on my 88) trying to figure out something since my stock lines from my d35 are buried under 3ft of snow and ice

I am going to do what is listed above from jedi yj page ... finally got some stock xj cables to replace my mangled ones.

Back