• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ with low battery warning???

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
ok, so beginning of the year i was installing gears in a friends jeep and had the stereo in my XJ playing the whole time. suddenly we heard this weird beeping and were trying to figure out where it came from. then we realized it was my XJ. that's when i thought that it's been on for a long time and i'm probably draining my battery. sure enough there was just enough juice left to start it.

yesterday my wife and me were installing a slip yoke eliminator on my XJ and i had the stereo on the whole time when suddenly i heard a beeping again. i started listening, and it was the XJ again. so i tried starting it, and it barely had enough juice to start.

have any of you guys ever heard of some kind of low battery warning system on XJ's??? or does somebody have any kind of explenation for this???

Does not suprise me, with the electronics in the newer ones I'd be willing to bet that the system will shutdown once it reaches a certain point, similar to a UPS battery backup on a computer, and won't come back on till it reaches a certain level. I left my headlights and fogs on one time at a class I was taking, it was a brand new red top, went to the all day class, dinner and then went to a movie, those lights were on a good 14 hours in that underground garage, figured I was hosed but darn if it did not start right up...

Back