• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NSS

blusteve

NAXJA Forum User
Having problems with Neutral Safety switch, pulled and cleaned it, Worked fine for a day and then quit working again properly. Sometimes it works other times it dosen't. What is proper adjustment? What am I doing wrong? Does it need a new switch. Any place to get a new one at a reasonable price It is a 97 Cherokee 2 door sport. I am trying to sell this vehicle and want it to work properly for next owner.

Having problems with Neutral Safety switch, pulled and cleaned it, Worked fine for a day and then quit working again properly. Sometimes it works other times it dosen't. What is proper adjustment? What am I doing wrong? Does it need a new switch. Any place to get a new one at a reasonable price It is a 97 Cherokee 2 door sport. I am trying to sell this vehicle and want it to work properly for next owner.

How did you clean it, did you use a write-up or just wing it? Did you use the proper dielectric grease? Caught all the springs when you took it apart? Put it back together properly? Cleaned and used dielectric grease on the connection plug?
Jason from Jeepin.com has a great write-up on this procedure.

Here is what I did....Now in nearly 3 years I can still count on 1 hand the number of times that I have used the NSS bypass switch that I put in. Mostly when it is below say 10 Degrees F out.

http://webpages.charter.net/laurajeff44/NSS/nss.htm

Because you are trying to sell it this mod might not be fore you.

I had my granddad behind the jeep and had him put it in reverse. I rotated the switch around until my reverse lights came on and then tightened from there.

Back