• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED front markers

DanMan2k06

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the process of retroing my front park/turn signals with amber leds, but have run into a problem. I did one of the side markers and connected it with no success. The parking light would come on, but no blinker. also while the blinker was on the dash lights were blinking in sequence. Do I need the infamous ep-27 flasher or something?

So you are talking about the front, 3157 I think, not the little side marker/turn signals?

If so your LED needs to support both the running (lower intensity) and the flash (higher intensity). Did you get a replacement LED for the 3157?

I will be doing the same mod soon. I was looking at the LEDs on the www.autolumination.com web site. According to what I have read there the LEDs will work they will just blink faster (due to the lower current load) so to correct the flash rate you need a LED flasher.

I believe this means you should replace front,side and back flashers with LEDs, then replace the flasher.

No no no, wrong concept. I will be install led circuit boards behind the housing. No more plug n play. I'm doing both 3157's on the front indicator, as well as the smaller side marker.

Back