• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long Arm Suspension cons

Mike Axle

NAXJA Forum User
I am considering making a long arm front suspension set up. I am wondering about the tendancy of the axle tube to be torqued as one tire drops down. Any problems with this? Are there any other cons to this set up? And yes I have searched alot!

I am considering making a long arm front suspension set up. I am wondering about the tendancy of the axle tube to be torqued as one tire drops down. Any problems with this? Are there any other cons to this set up? And yes I have searched alot!

Id say no,you havent.Theres a thread just today that addresses alot of what your asking.

All I have seen is people asking what type of joint to use and who likes what manufacturers product. I am asking a generic question based on the design. With 6172 posts I thought you could help me out a little more.

with a y-link or radius arm design, you can get some stress, but usually it is absorbed by the control arm bushings, some people have had issues replacing bushings and cracking control arm mounts off though due to this.

Cons Ive personally had with my t&t long arms... Diving front end (geometry and suspension combination), upper control arm binding on the drive live at the yoke, ripped off passenger side upper control arm mount.
Pros still highly out weight the cons.

Back