• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

single fathers/non custodial parents, heres your rights

couple years ago I sent my ex a subpeona for custody of our child. I wasnt aware that she filed for a restraining order based on the fact that Ihad caused heremotional distress and threatended to remove the child from the state!! Nobody seemed to care that is was a SUBPEONA FOR COURT!! I never threatened her in any way but the courts still gave her a Temporary Restraining Order in August 8th 2007 that said Hawaii was still in charge and it takes no rights away that Hawaii gave me. In the meantime I have court orders from Hawaii, the presiding state on custody of the child. In these orders I am allowed to call my son daily at 7PM.
in early August of 2007 a detective called me from Thurston county. He asked if I had called my son at 7pm a few days earlier, I said yes and that I had a court order allowing me to do that, he said thanks and that was it. He never once implied I was being investigated for doing anything illegal or that there was ANY orders fom Washington.
Several months ago I was getting ready to reenlist in the military and at the last minute my recruiter informed me I had a warrant for my arrest in Washington. I looked it up and found out it was for violating a tro on in july 27th by calling at 7pm!!
the funny thing is that the restraining order is dated August 8TH 2007 and I had a hawaii court order that said I was allowed to call at 7PM and the washington order said Hawaii made the rules.
I called and Thurstont county wouldnt give me any info, refused to send any info, not even a case number. the only thing I could do was go in person to take care of it. I was told by thurston county sheriffs warrants office, and have it on recording, I would check in, appear in person and get to see a judge about this matter. I was told I would not get arrested and it was just a investigation and based on what paper work I had it was just a error and I would go home.
I go there yesterday morning and get my name on the court callender and go across the hall to the sheriffs office. They take my name, hand cuff me and take me to the county Jail. I was finger printed, stripped and given a jump suit, tossed into a cell with 15 convicted criminals and told I had no rights to anything because I had a NO BAIL warrant and would not be released untill my court date in March!!!!!!!!!! They never read me my rights or stated I was under arest, When I asked if i was under arrest they said "no, investigative Detention" I asked why I was in custody for longer then 2 days and they said because it was a violent offence so they are allowed to hold me for up to 6 months!! First, calling my son is a violent offence? second, BULLHONKEY, you cant hold anyone longer then 48 hours unless you charge them with a crime and place them under arrest.

There was a phone in the cell, cost $16 for a 5 minute call, $150 later and I have Hawaii Attorney General calling Thurston county and every Lawyer in Hawaii filling against The prosecutor and the county courts. I got to see a judge by video and he agreed with me and mentioned that he had just gotten a call by Hawaii Attorney General and was going to take this seriously. I was released last night shortly after 7pm and told that I was not allowed to go home and must stay in town. I started calling my contacts in Hawaii again and a court liason came running out to the front of the court house where I was and handed me a paper that said I was allowed to go back to Oregon but had court next month.

If I had no contacts in Hawaii I would still be incarcerated, have no rights to a lawyer and not get released untill I got to see an araingment court fo months. Thurston County thinks this is legeal!!!!!!! they have been pulling this for as long as anyone can remember.
I am personally taking legal actions against the sheriffs office, the warrants office deputy that lied to me about my warant type and the protocal that they follow there.

Jeremy

Wow.. That is totally.. back woods 1936 type justice..

Family court and all the "dead beat" Dad litigation is a little out of control. I have been divorced for 3 years now.. another 2 grand and it will be paid for.. I got lucky.... Sold almost all of my crap.. and my jeep and anything else.. lawyered up was able to force her ro settle out of court before she could implement her " live off my spousal support and child support" strategy.

I feel for you Man. Hang in there. When the bullshit is over being there for you son is what counts. It sucks that SOOO many games can be played in Family court.. I still haven't seen a dime of child support from my X . I am looking for a way now to collect.. it could totally pay for a new lift that the kids and I can enjoy :)

If you are ever in the area let me know.. we can have a couple beers and exchange crazy biatch stories...:banghead:

Thanks, lucky for me I have hawaii backing me up and they are asking why Washinton thiks they could have gotten away with this. Hawaii is only involved because Washinton really stepped on Hawaiis toes by making a ruling that goes against Hawaiis rulings and now Im pitting the judges egos against eachother.
I have never been found guilty of doing anything against my son and infact her own mental health expert stated in court that she has a lot of things to hash out from her childhood and I would be a better parent!! I havent been able to see my kid in over 2 years because she refuses to comply with court orders and just gets a slap on her hand eveytime we go to court.
Hawaii is still guilty of giving her custody and not enforcing my rights but atleast they got my out of jail.

Ill let you know the next time I make my way up there, Im hoping to go to portland to get a new 6.9 diesel for my F350.

Jeremy

Best wishes for you and your son. I hope i never have to go threw any of this!

Sounds like you need a weekend in the woods with a jeep!

You know, if I didn't get custody of my kids.. I would never have gotten another cherokee, and never come to NAXJA. Things seem to work out in the end.. :)

Brah,
Wea you live? I'm in Aloha, Get some good grinds around hea but nothing like home.
If you come to Beaverton get L&L's, Kauai Island Grill, Aiea Grill, and couple more places.

Im in Lincolm city on the coast, I go to far inland and my nose dries up and bleeds!!

WOW, I will be out there soon then! Hope fully with in the next week. I need some real food!!
Mahalo's, Jeremy kanoa Hughes

mostly for Thurston County but applies for most courts I've found

http://tcfcreporter.blogspot.com/

Seriously! Talk about "Power and Control" issues, I hate to say it but his ex is obviously not over him, its an issue of controlling his every movement and 'making him pay' because he doesn't bow to her every whim...she thinks she's God and he disagrees so she hurts him- false allegations of abuse ARE abuse...and shame on the man or women who's pledged to "protect and serve" that would issue a warrant on a serviceman in another state with TWO CONFLICTING COURT ORDERS! If you think that the courts will protect you when you've got a confusing court order, think again...they don't want to hear it. Trust me, the police are busy saving the world from the threat of dedicated fathers instead of something really minor, like junkies dealing coke to kids or mothers who bloody their children and then call CPS claiming the father did it...its the liberal racket...and liberals love America like OJ loved Nicole.

Brah,
Wea you live? I'm in Aloha, Get some good grinds around hea but nothing like home.
If you come to Beaverton get L&L's, Kauai Island Grill, Aiea Grill, and couple more places.
I want to make fun of you. but i wont, because you have good taste:wave:

Back