• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

problem wiring DPDT switch for Hella 500's

kboyts

NAXJA Forum User
Im in the process of wiring up a small switch panel and have hit a road block. Everything will be ran thru appropriate relays after the switches. I have 2 SPST switches , one for my OBA and one for my fog lites those were no problem. The third is not being quite so easy.

It will be controlling a set of Hell 500's on the front of the jeep. I bought the DPDT switch (on/off/on) as I would like foward on the switch to switch the hellas on automatically when the high beams are on.

And back on the switch to run them independently .

I plan on tapping into the high beam circuit under the dash for the trigger wire for it but cant figure out how to wire the switch. Its a contura from OTRATTW.com

Below is the spec sheet that came with the switch.
| 2- 5- |
| 3- 6- |
| |

7 common ground for both lights (switch illumination)
1 outgoing + for lower light
2 incoming +
3 outgoing + for upper light
4 outgoing
5 incoming
6 outgoing

Notes: this is a dual lighted switch with pin #7 being a common ground for the lights. Tabs 4,5, and 6 are not connected internally to the lights.

ok, the way I was thinking about doing it would be to run it "backwards".....run 5 to the relay for the light and then run your high beam wire to number 4 and your all time hot to 6 and that should work, I don't know about getting the lights on the switch to work I'll look into it some more, but that should get you started

Dane

I've been trying to figure this out too. Did you get the wiring figured out? If so can you post how you ended up wiring the switch?

Back