• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some fabbing help

cdnabn49

NAXJA Forum User
I need some fabbing help in Edmonton, Alberta Canada...
I need some fabbing help... minor mod moving my spare tire carrier off the top off the WARN rear bumper to the face of it....
Tirecarrierbolt.jpg

face/back side
flares20and20GG20II.jpg

Why do you want to do this?
It looks to me like that mod will put the spare pretty far aft as compared to the 2nd photo(different bumpers?). Maybe it's just the angle of the photos, but it looks like the 1st bumper sticks out rearward further than the 2nd. That much difference with that much weight(big tire) could create a lot of unwanted leverage/stress on things. With that reciever hitch, it doesn't look like it'll hurt your departure angle much, but that extra leverage might cause some bendage. Especially when the road gets bumpy. Might be enough to cause extra sag too. You're also going to lose the use of those recovery points.
Not sure what you consider 'minor fab work', but it looks like the rear face of your WARN is not perpendicular with the ground. Unless you want the spare to swing out and DOWN, you're gonna have to make some sort of mounting point/bracket to keep it level(more weight out back).
I'm not a welder/fabricator or trying to rain on your parade. These are just a few things that jump out at me from the pics.
Hope it works out for ya.
Don't forget to post build/mod pics.

Back