• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stubborn AW4

BADaXJ

NAXJA Forum User
i've got a '91 auto and the tranny is acting up. it won't shift into the next gear until about 3-3.5k rpms (even coasting or very light throttle). to get it into OD i have to hit at least 80mph... i'm wondering if its a sensor problem?? the thing that has changed was the fluid level. i think it started acting up a bit so i checked it and it was low. i added some more and now the shift points are way off. not sure if that is related though. i also tried draining the computers by pulling the battery but that didn't help. it's also been idling pretty high and randomly when its cold so i'm wondering if its related. sprayed out the throttle body and tps with no change. i unplugged the tps yesterday and the idle dropped a bit but it was pretty much indifferent. any ideas on where to start looking?
Thanks

Back