• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

George Carlin Knew...

Jester99

NAXJA Forum User
Forgive me if I posted this in the wrong forum but this seemed like the place for it. Please give up 5 minutes of your time to watch it, it's worth it. This guy was much more than a comedian. Warning though, it does feature some harsh language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzbw6-tYKtk

I had the good fortune to see him live several times. I'd honestly loved to have had a chance to sit down and yarn with him a few hours - just to really see where his head's at (I'm oddly certain that what he put out on stage is just about exactly what he was thinking. I've long though that humour was a test of truth - if it's funny, there's probably more than a little truth to it...)

Seeing him right before his 70th birthday was a revelation to me. The way he is able to take both basic and complicated political and life situations (among others...) and break them down to realist terms is shocking to me. I do not think anyone will come along like this for a very long time.

P.S. his books are the best bathroom readers ever.

"Napalm and Silly Putty" :D :thumbup:

Back