• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ford 8.8 E-brake Cable Write-up

4LowandGo

NAXJA Forum User
You might have (or want) a different setup, but this is how I did it...

I have a '98 Ford 8.8 with disk brakes under my '92 Jeep Cherokee. For my disc brakes to work I grabbed a few items of a disc brake ZJ. I grabbed the drivers and passengers e-brake cables and the junction box that the two cables tie into. I used parts off my jeep and a threaded rod from the hardware store. The e-brake cables hooked right up to the 8.8 just like the OEM ford ones. You might not have the same parts at hand, but this should help you to make it work.

The reason for the threaded rod is because I have around 8" of lift, so I had to move the junction box further back since the cables weren't long enough.

I started with this:
e-brake001.jpg

And this:
e-brake002.jpg

I added a threaded rod and a few bolts:
e-brake003.jpg

And then the ZJ junction box with the e-brake cables:
e-brake004.jpg

Here is a picture of the whole setup:
e-brake006.jpg

that doesnt make sense... how does that even work..... When you pull the ebrake nothing will happen. your original "threaded rod" is bolted to a plate and the other rod is bolted to the other side of the same plate, so essentially when you pull the ebrake lever all it is doing is pulling whatever slack you have between the lever and the original threaded rod.

check this out

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=981018&highlight=cables

Last edited:
No, it would work. It pulls that plate, which pulls the other rod... it's held up with a ziptie... I don't think I'd trust that. It's ware out pretty quickly I'd think.

Back