• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SHOCK BOOTS?

Don't use them. They hold dirt. The shock has a "wiper" atop the seal, so technically, they aren't needed. It you want to use them, mount the shocks upside down (boot down). I've had the boots loaded with pine barrens sugar sand on my CJ7 when my boots were on top.

I didn't use them with my hydraulic shocks but when I went to a charged single wall shock (RE Extreme Duty) designed to be run cylinder side up, I started running them to keep crud off of the piston rod.

They do tend to capture dirt when run on a shock that is cylinder side down. They drain much better when used on the upside down mounted shocks. That being said, make sure your shock is designed to be run upside down before doing it. Many fail to work properly if at all when mounted that way.

i run them in the rear, i was thinking rock and crap damage from debri kicked up from the front tires. ok, really, my piston rod is on the bottom, and i really do have boots on the rear shocks but it is because i couldnt decide what to do.

If you do use them, you could always leaves the bottoms of them open so whatever gets inside can drain back out.

i thought you could only mount mono tube shocks upside down? i do like the idea of having them but leaving the bottoms open. in the suburbs they use salt like its goin out of style and my shocks (outside) take a beating rust and everything. thanks for the imput guys

Starboard M said:
If you do use them, make sure they are neon colors

I personally like pink, but you might have other colors that you like better.
.... heed this only in the event you have identically hued KC light covers to match.

Back