• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My poor man's toolbox

CherBear

NAXJA Forum User
Picked this up at a local gun show here in Indy.
Total cost of putting it together; $25
Im happy with it, holds my jumper cables, recovery strap and the spare tire jack. (although not the jack wrench)
PIC
....wont let me post real pics....

That's cool Wish i could have made the show!

A couple things.....
Why not mount it the other way,it would seem to make better use of space and not make leverage as bad.Also why not bolt directly though eliminating the "horrid" brackets.

ha that's exactly the same ammo box i've got in the back of my jeep for fluids, hammer, shackles and whatnot. my towstrap is under the back seat unless i'm wheeling. i have not bolted it to the floor but it'll be 90 degrees to yours. mine has a sticker saying "1.4C explosives" also

They make excellent storage boxes for just about anything. I have several that I use for everything from spare part that I want to keep from getting damp, to fluids in the bed of the MJ, to a tool kit I keep everything to run my chainsaw in to include the 1 Gal. fuel can. The bad is they are getting harder and harder to get ahold of so if you have one keep ahold of it because they soon won't be available.

A couple things.....
Why not mount it the other way,it would seem to make better use of space and not make leverage as bad.Also why not bolt directly though eliminating the "horrid" brackets.

Maybe he didn't want to!

A couple things.....

Ok good question, i thought thru this alot actually.
If i mounted it on the side of the spare, then it makes removing the spare tire impossable without removing the box itself. If i were to mount it on the opposite side, then it would cover about 1/3 of the Subwoofer you can see in the picture. Soi put it perpindicular... Maybe soon i will get a second one and make it symetrical. And yes, im not a big fan of those brackets as well. I think i will remove them and paint them black so they are less noticable.
I suppose i could just not use them at all, but i wanted it to be extra secure.

Back