• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good fortune strikes

Matt_West

NAXJA Forum User
I lucked out and got a really sweet deal on a Warn 8274-50.

If anyone is local to Carnation with a wire feed welder setup I could use some assistance. I TIG welded the winch mounting plate onto the top of the MO40 bumper. At this point I have an inverted V with a small gap between the leading edge of the bumper and the bottom of the winch mounting plate. I can't get in there with the TIG torch... I tried with a stick but my welding skills are very limited:doh:

So anyway if someone is near by with equipment and skills that can help make my install safer I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,
Matt

Matt,
I have a Mig and would be more than happy to help if you could bring it to me, but I would prefer not to pack it all up and bring it down.

Are you sure it is accesible with a Mig? I thougth that normally it was easier to get to things like this with a Tig.
Any chance you have a picture? I can't seem to understand exactly what you are trying to do.

Michael

Cup sizes also have a lot to do with where you can get to with a tig or mig. Matt, have you tried changing the size of the cup on the Tig? Do you have a small torch or a regular sized one? It all makes a difference! :)

Keil

Thanks Michael and Keil. I have showed the current mounting to a couple of knowledgeable folks... and nobody approves:banghead:

I will be on the snow run and will collect some more input... but at this point I think I am going to need to cut it off and modify the bumper some.

The principle gripe seems to be the potential for 8,000 foot pounds of torque against the mounting arrangement.

Back