• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Im still alive

Trouble

NAXJA Forum User
Sorry I havent been on here or returning peoples phone calls. As some may know my grandmother had Alzheimers and I took her dinner every night. this has been going on for the past 2 years as she got progressively worse. Within the past few months she would refuse to leave her house. Christmas she was great, actually better the normal, so were the next couple days. New years eve I got off work early. Stopped at trader joes and proceeded to her house. As I walked in everythign seemed normal. Lights were on tv was on but as I called her name so she would know whos in the house I would not get a response. After looking for her, I finally found her. Unfortunately I could not find a pulse. She was my life, my best friend you could say. We spent hours talking about crappy obama and how much she hates him, about food and beer and how fake CSI is. She was an awesome grandma.

Well i've been trying to live my life and actually get out of the house this weekend. Went to old world to have some of her favorite german food tonight. yea i know its almost 5am, but its the damn insomnia thats been killing me, cant sleep at night but sure can sleep all day long.

I should have the heep up and running in 4wd within the next 6-8 weeks. I did get some new 35" xtreme mt and 8179 wheels. Looks great but the tires still look small in the front wheel wells.

I feel for you.
My grandfather had a stroke in 91 and I took care of my grandmother untill she passed at home at 102 in feb 07.
I used to take her every weekday to our churches Alzheimers group where she would have lunch and play cards while I went to work.
She could get in and out of my lifted XJ with her walker if I parked right up to the sidewalk.
She was pleasant to the end and used to tell me civil war stories from her grandfather.
Family to the end, you've done a commendable job.

Condolences to you. It was great that you were close to her and took care of her. Hang in there and get out there and go wheeling.

Erik..... having lost both of my grandmathers in the past decade I know what you feel. If ya ever wanna take your mind of things and put some holes in paper gimme a holler....

Erik

Sorry to here about your loss. We lost my father-in-law to Alzheimers back in May. Diseases of the mind like that are brutal to the caregivers. Our thoughts are with you.

BTW what was her favorite German meal?

damn Erik. Sorry to hear about your loss. My grandfather had severe cases of Alzheimers but he's gotten much better in the last 10 years. While I was in high school, there were some things he would do like thinking that he was being drafted back into WW2 and here was a 70 year old man running full speed back n forth for "training. some comical moments.

But think about the life they lived.

my deepest condolences, I went though the same thing with my grandfather and Alzheimers, it was an extremely painful thing to go through. My whole family takes a camping trip every year to his favorite fishing spot to remember him!
Good luck and let me know if you ever need to talk about it!
Chris

Thank you everyone. Yes its hard right now, but im trying to keep active.

Billy Ill give you a call soon for the brew poundin, and hopefully have some cash for you.

Back