• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting new tires, tell me which is better between this

HeepNomad

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i just purchased a re 3.5 in lift, now i need some 31x10.50r15 tires to go with it, im definitely on a budget, wont be able to afford bfgs or anything too high pricey

been looking at these 2

jcwhitney.com has deal on tire+black steel wheels combo, for 850 after my 50 dollar off code coupon, the tires are super swamper tsls, those tires come to a total of 750 ish anyways so i figured id spent the extra couple bucks for the wheels too and they should already be mounted//balanced
http://www.jcwhitney.com/SWAMPER-TS...ES/GP_2016034_N_111+10201+600003830_10101.jcw

the next option is the nankang mudders, for a total of 550 bucks i get 4, balanced, and free alignment check
its from discount tire centers, im not sure if this includes the mounting or what not but im not too concerned about that, does include valves, also for an extra 43 bucks i can have the extended warranty//liftetime service crap, dont knwo if that is worth it either probaly not

http://www.discounttirecenters.com/...lZjdkZjMyMWRlMWIwZjJlNTNlMTZjMWE=&prodID=6066

keeping in mind those prices are total after tax and shipping, which way would you go, are the wheels and super swampers worth the extra dollars, also if you know any sites having better deal let me know, im also looking for a aggressive AT or little weaker MT if that makes sense, i do drive highway

I ran those nankangs on my last yj! They worked great rode good lasted for a few years so maybe 30K miles offroaded great with the air down.

Also you should be able to get km'2s for less then $750.

You can look at www.tirerack.com . They are alot cheaper then going to a tire stealership.

I ride on 32x9.50 TSL's everyday in my DD and they are great tires - and cheaper than the 31's - I like narrow tires though - the nex set I think are going to be the 34x9.50 you really can't compare Interco to any normal tires

I ride on 32x9.50 TSL's everyday in my DD and they are great tires - and cheaper than the 31's - I like narrow tires though - the nex set I think are going to be the 34x9.50 you really can't compare Interco to any normal tires

32X9.50 fit on re 3.5 in lift with no trimming? if not does it just rub minorly on full flex or wheel turn?

Have you looked at retreads? I have been using a set of retreads Treadwright for about 400 miles now, and they are great for the money. They are the tread pattern of the Goodyear MT/R, only cost me a bit over $500 for all five, and they drive great on the road.

Yeah i'd say if you were out here either go with KM2's or Maxxis Bighorns. but since you are out in Cali go with BFG A/T's all the way!

Have you looked at retreads? I have been using a set of retreads Treadwright for about 400 miles now, and they are great for the money. They are the tread pattern of the Goodyear MT/R, only cost me a bit over $500 for all five, and they drive great on the road.

X2 i've had mine on for about 6000 miles and they wear great and balanced really good! I have them in the 235/75/15 mt flavor so they are a bit loud i do believe they have a tire that is pretty similar to the BFG A/T for next to nothing!

X2 i've had mine on for about 6000 miles and they wear great and balanced really good! I have them in the 235/75/15 mt flavor so they are a bit loud i do believe they have a tire that is pretty similar to the BFG A/T for next to nothing!
stonetire.com is selling wrangler AT for 60 bucks a piece, 300 for 5, 100 for shipping, so 400 for 5, im leaning towards this,

otherwise best deal i found is those kanhangs or w/e theyre called 550 for 4, but that also includes free alignment, balancing, valve stems.... and theyre a new tire,

are retraded tires reliable? everything i see on them says they are just reliable as new ones, that its a myth they arnt

stonetire.com is selling wrangler AT for 60 bucks a piece, 300 for 5, 100 for shipping, so 400 for 5, im leaning towards this,

otherwise best deal i found is those kanhangs or w/e theyre called 550 for 4, but that also includes free alignment, balancing, valve stems.... and theyre a new tire,

are retraded tires reliable? everything i see on them says they are just reliable as new ones, that its a myth they arnt

go here www.treadwright.com and check them out they have fast shipping too! i thought the same thing but i went ahead and bought them i was impressed. My next set will be KM2's though. I am gonna go bigger anyways!

You get what you pay for...
i realize this, thats why i spent more on the RE lift then something like rough country or rustys,

so now i have lesser budget for tires, but its much easier to replace tires down the road then reinstal a lift i think

go here www.treadwright.com and check them out they have fast shipping too! i thought the same thing but i went ahead and bought them i was impressed. My next set will be KM2's though. I am gonna go bigger anyways!

wow i think im gonna get these, 13 dollars more per tire, but shipping is 75 dollars cheaper

367 total for 5 tires,

Back