• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

right side blinker wont blink

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
The light stays on but wont blink. What causes this? a relay? fuse? bad connection in the steering comlumn harness? The left blinker works fine, the right just stays on. Is this common on the XJ's? Its a 1991 Laredo 4 door 4x4 with 200xxx miles on it.

thanks!

The light stays on but wont blink. What causes this? a relay? fuse? bad connection in the steering comlumn harness? The left blinker works fine, the right just stays on. Is this common on the XJ's? Its a 1991 Laredo 4 door 4x4 with 200xxx miles on it.

thanks!
Usually in some cases, one of the bulbs is burn't out either in the front or rear.....Is that your case (burn't out bulb)?

Usually in some cases, one of the bulbs is burn't out either in the front or rear.....Is that your case (burn't out bulb)?

i cant really say, the rear passenger just stays on and the fron aswell. the guy who sold me the jeep said the steering column was changed. He thought maybe that was the reason for the right blinker not working. Then again, he could be wayyy off. I guess ill change the bulbs and see if that fixes it. I know on my fathers s10 both blinkers would not blink and it was some weird shiny relay looking dealy.

On other vehicles that I have owned...I have had to replace the "flashers", which is located under the dash near the fuse block.
I think they default to staying on if they are faulty.
I have not experienced this in my Cherokee yet, but i would think that they have them too.
They would be either round or square and approximately 1" in dia or square.

I re-read your first post....
You stated that your left side works....
Flasher idea would only be relevant if there was flasehers for each side.

one of the sockets is bad. You can get replacement pigtails at most any autoparts store very cheaply. Just cut off the old one and splice in the new one.

Lost ground in one of the light sockets.. Most of the time it's the front one.Sometimes you get lucky by removing the bulb and cleaning the contacts. Sometimes you have to replace the socket .

Good Luck
Nick

I'm beginning to think the guy who sold it to me was cluseless. If the connection was bad all together then I wouldn't have blinkers all together. Ill check the bulb sockets and connections.

Back