• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New to Jeeps and forum

boostamante

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, just wanted to introduce myself. Im a noob to jeeps and This site so ill try not to ask to many noob questions.

I just bought a 1991 Cherokee Laredo with 200xxx miles on it. Came with slight lift to allow for the 31x10.5x15" tires. Drives ok from what i can tell though it seems to be pig slow on D and 3. I have to shift it down to 1-2 to get her going from a dead stop. Payed 1,300 for her. Also has a steel front bumper amd quick disconnects for the sway bars. found her on CL. Color is white with the red and grey pinstripes. Ill post pics of it later tonight or tomorrow morning.

There are a few items i need to fix as the driver seat is busted. the frams that supports it broke off somehow so i either need another seat or weld where it broke off.
Also, the guy that sold it told me that the right blinker doesnt work due to the steering column being changed. I looked under where all the wires are but couldnt figure out which realy would cause it to not work.
Other than that it drives fairly well for a 18 year old jeep.
My wrenching knowledge-abilities go back to Hondas so im definately not a noob to wrenching, just jeeps. Im located in the Ghetto of South Central so if any of you guys can help out with some pointers or even want to help me with looking at my rig i would more than hapily provide beer and pizza. :p Look forward to wheeling with some of you guys.

Julio

i had to mig weld my seats when i first bought my xj, just slow the wire down and low heat, its quick and easy...

take the track off the seat, and the seat part, just through some leather over it, worked for me....gosh i hope my wife doesnt really like that jacket:eyes::D

take the track off the seat, and the seat part, just through some leather over it, worked for me....gosh i hope my wife doesnt really like that jacket:eyes::D

dont worry, i wont tell her. hope she doesnt log on and read this or else she'll be miffed.

So your saying the cloth part of the seats can be undone from the frame and all that?

dont worry, i wont tell her. hope she doesnt log on and read this or else she'll be miffed.

So your saying the cloth part of the seats can be undone from the frame and all that?
yep, pretty simple actually, trust me if i can do it you cab do it. very simple. and mine was broke in about 5 places.

yep, pretty simple actually, trust me if i can do it you cab do it. very simple. and mine was broke in about 5 places.

dang, mine is broke on the outer part where the tube was welded to the back part of the seat. it has a gangster lean...:thumbup::D

ill try it tomorrow before we head out to the MONSTER TRUCK JAM.... SATURDA, SATURDAY, SATURDAY!!!!!!!

dang, mine is broke on the outer part where the tube was welded to the back part of the seat. it has a gangster lean...:thumbup::D

ill try it tomorrow before we head out to the MONSTER TRUCK JAM.... SATURDA, SATURDAY, SATURDAY!!!!!!!
yeah i had the gangster lean with my rocking chair drivers seat:D

Thanks guys, I really need to post pics of my rig. I'm here at angel stadium. Monster truck jam needs to start dammit! I'm gonna buy beer in the mean time.

Welcome... South Central? Damn hood rida! LOL.. I'm in Gardena...

Scott

you know!!!!

ha, yeah, live near crenshaw and slauson. I was actually in gardena last night at a buddies house trying to get him to sell his 70's ford truck and buy an XJ. I think after i showed him my lucky score, he just might. still plan on posting the pics i took of my whip. Just need to find time to host and post.

you know!!!!

ha, yeah, live near crenshaw and slauson. I was actually in gardena last night at a buddies house trying to get him to sell his 70's ford truck and buy an XJ. I think after i showed him my lucky score, he just might. still plan on posting the pics i took of my whip. Just need to find time to host and post.

Yeah, decent XJ's can be picked up for real cheap all over the place.
I don't have an XJ anymore... Just need to get workin on my son's MJ. Just been lazy..

you know!!!!

If he is gonna sell the truck, let me know............and pm me pics please.

Back