• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Problem!!

RoXJok

NAXJA Forum User
So I am backing the LAST bolt out of the OEM track bar bracket when I see this round piece spinning with the bolt. Look at the picture. It's not a nut. It's perfectly round. Was that one of those nut type deals that's welded to the bracket, acting as the nut? If so, I don't know how to get it off now.

PLEASE HELP!!!

IMG_2286.jpg

Last edited:
Youll have to weld it back!

That's what I was thinking about doing. I think it would be the easiest route. There's no way for me to put vice grips on that thing tight enough to keep it from spinning while I continue to try and back it out.

Anyone else have this problem? It's a 2000 with no rust. Maybe it was all the blue locktite that was on the bolts that made it so hard to back out.

You can also tack that weldnut back down, without harming anything around it. The heat will also help to break the bolt free.

That weldnut broke loose on my '94. I looked for 2 years before I found the "click."

Thanks guys!! I just ended up cutting it off with an angle grinder and then replaced it with another bolt. Took it for a little test run, let me tell you... SOLID!!!!! :-bd Heavy duty track bar, heavy duty bracket, and heavy duty track bar bracket brace!!! Check it out!! :D

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

Ya, I believe that was at one point supposed to be a PEM nut, but the teeth must have stripped. I had the same problem when I was trying to take mine off, I actually had a hard time taking off all those nuts. Vice grips worked for me.

How is the brace attached on the pass frame rail, just those two bolts?

Ya, I believe that was at one point supposed to be a PEM nut, but the teeth must have stripped. I had the same problem when I was trying to take mine off, I actually had a hard time taking off all those nuts. Vice grips worked for me.

How is the brace attached on the pass frame rail, just those two bolts?

Yeah it's just those two bolts, I have the same setup minus the RE trac bar (mines JKS).

FullsizeXJ made a post describing it as not as much of a frame stiffener as it is a brace to help with the leverage the trac bar puts on the bracket (aka helps keep the bolts from loosening up) and I'd have to 100% agree. The pass side mount setup is not stiff enough to keep the unibody from flexing.

Ya Colin, I actually saw FullsizeXJ's post, and I would agree. I'm sure thats what messed up my old mount.

You need to tighten your jam nut!

Does that brace effect your uptravel at all? Looks like it hangs pretty low.

It's tightened. I took the picture before I went through all the nuts and bolts for final tightening. Thanks for looking out though.

I sure hope that TB bracket doesn't affect the uptravel. I'd be a little annoyed if it does.

Back