• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sounds funny

nikga89

NAXJA Forum User
i put a RE 4.5 on my 89 a while back. had to replace the ball joints b4 i could get the alighment done.... its all done now. my problem is while driving it drives strait but sways a little bit still AND, when turning a slow speed the frond end creeks and binds... it makes wierd noises... ive checked all bolts and stuff that could b loose. not sure what it could b. anyone got any advice.

i replace it...the body mount to it was tough to get in. i didnt have a big enough drill bit so the mounting hole is tappered. could this be it? its PFtight...

Very well could be, it's wollored itself out. Because correct me if I'm wrong, but to taper a hole to size, the smallest part would have to be at least as large as the bolt. Which means you have a TINY fraction of metal that size, the rest is all larger. Normal driving would cause the bolt to wobble and clearance the hole. Check that first.

Back