• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Detroit lockers provide phenominal traction.

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
Until you have a shaft let go when you are muscle truckin.

Anyone know how to put these naughty bits back in there and make it work?

dsc01223ha8.jpg

dsc01224ve3.jpg

Getting them back in is easy! It's that getting them to work that causes problems...

Glad to know your time away hasn't changed your eagerness to wheel!

Did one of the joints blow or the actual shaft go Karl?

-Alex

U-joint let go.

I was pushing the rig HARD. 2nd gear on the rev limiter up the last hill on rhinoland.

The hill was covered in snow, and I got some good momentum going, bounced all the way to the right and the passenger tire got caught in an undercut and the u-joint went kablooey.

Post this question over on PNW (unless you figure it out). One of the regular members is the West Coast Eaton/Detroit rep.

-----Matt-----

Uh.... You do know that it was a rhetorical question Karl is asking right? That is scrap metal you are looking at there.

Yepm I did the same thing to mine... thats the down side of a detroit. If you brake a shaft under torq youll almost always take out that side of the locker. Good news is the repair may not be as expensive as youd think. I think it cost me $100 for the right clutch pack for my 8.25 and it was here a day after i ordered it from RR&P.

Back