• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welcome back sua sponte!!!!!

SUA SPONTE

NAXJA Forum User
Thanks for letting me back on so soon. I promise to key it down some...
But I have to say Johnny, roger i got it!But this is a Jeep Forum
why.jpg

NAXJA is not just a forum, we are a club with members. I am the elected president and take my responsibilities seriously. Did you know that over the past year alone as a club, we have given $22,000 to 4wd based charities. These charities help to protect the public land that we use to wheel on. If the BOD didn't take their job seriously, do you think that would happen? Probably not. We have almost 1500 members who share the same enthusiasm for XJs and MJs. They enjoy the events the club puts on and the use of our forums. Forum users, like you, enjoy the use of our forums at no cost to them. Did you know that this website costs the club over $6000 a year for bandwidth and is run 100% by volunteers such as myself. Probably not. So maybe instead of complaining publicly about someone editing a post and giving you a warning about breaking the rules, you should thank them for volunteering your time and giving you a free place online to hang out. But these are just the $0.02 of the club president.

NAXJA is not just a forum, we are a club with members. I am the elected president and take my responsibilities seriously. Did you know that over the past year alone as a club, we have given $22,000 to 4wd based charities. These charities help to protect the public land that we use to wheel on. If the BOD didn't take their job seriously, do you think that would happen? Probably not. We have almost 1500 members who share the same enthusiasm for XJs and MJs. They enjoy the events the club puts on and the use of our forums. Forum users, like you, enjoy the use of our forums at no cost to them. Did you know that this website costs the club over $6000 a year for bandwidth and is run 100% by volunteers such as myself. Probably not. So maybe instead of complaining publicly about someone editing a post and giving you a warning about breaking the rules, you should thank them for volunteering your time and giving you a free place online to hang out. But these are just the $0.02 of the club president.

Thank you for volunteering my time.

It is a shame more people don't understand this!!
I, and many others appreciate your (and everyone else's at both the local and national level) time, effort, stress, etc. Unfortunatly there will always be a few that don't feel the same way.

Michael

It is a shame more people don't understand this!!
I, and many others appreciate your (and everyone else's at both the local and national level) time, effort, stress, etc. Unfortunatly there will always be a few that don't feel the same way.

Michael

:thumbup:

'Cause this is NAXJA. You are military right? Isn't there a code of conduct you are expected to follow while on duty, in full dress or under inspection? Every time I see a member of the armed forces walk into a building and remove their hat while some jack is standing there in a side ways baseball cap I feel pride in my country. That type of respect for the situation is what is being asked.

NAXJA has the Dumpster's Den for those members who like to let the language fly. There are also places like Pirate 4x4 for that type of activity. I personally send links to these pages to my parents and friends so they can see the runs and the people I hang out with. My 11 year old really doesn't need to learn any foul language here.

So; Thank you for respecting the situation.

Every time I see a member of the armed forces walk into a building and remove their hat while some jack is standing there in a side ways baseball cap I feel pride in my country.

Wooh! Are you saying I'm disrepectful for wearing my hat all the time?
:bawl:

Just kidding of course, just trying to lighten the mood. But I really do wear a hat all the time, including inside, I take it off for any flag/military/respect oriented stuff thought. :wave1:

~Scott

Last edited:
Wooh! Are you saying I'm disrepectful for wearing my hat all the time?
:bawl:

Just kidding of course, just trying to lighten the mood. But I really do wear a hat all the time, including inside, I take it off for any flag/military/respect oriented stuff thought. :wave1:

~Scott

http://www.protocolmatters.org/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Men-in-hats.html&Itemid=31

When I was standing on the USS Arizona Memorial and a yahoo next to me was wearing his hat and yelling jokes to his son I realized that some people simply don't get it.
I appreciate your humor but really I hope you start brushing your hair and taking the cap off.

http://www.protocolmatters.org/index.php?option=com_myblog&show=Men-in-hats.html&Itemid=31

When I was standing on the USS Arizona Memorial and a yahoo next to me was wearing his hat and yelling jokes to his son I realized that some people simply don't get it.
I appreciate your humor but really I hope you start brushing your hair and taking the cap off.

I brush my hair everyday, but I've been wearing a hat everyday since 3rd grade, no disrepect...but I don't plan to change that. I don't wear them to disrepect anyone or anything, I take it off at the appropriate times (IMO), after all...my sister in in Qatar with the Army right now. Yes my hair is thin now because I've warn a hat for so long, but it's become a part of me, my mom even says she doesn't recognize me without a hat on (jokingly of course, I typically take it off at home).

EDIT: I appreciate the info though, it's interesting to know this. I can honestly say in my life only a few people have told me to take my hat off when I walk in a room (typically a teachers class room). Although, I have seen/known few who believe it is disrespectful to keep your hat on...my sister has never even said anything and she's a Lt.

~Scott

Last edited:
Time & a place for everything.

If you think it's appropriate to wear a hat indoors, try it in a courtroom that's being called to order.

If you think it's appropriate to wear a hat indoors, try it in a courtroom that's being called to order.

:roflmao:

I watched a guy get smacked with contempt for refusing to take his off in a courtroom. Brought the giggles from everyone inside.

I'm smarter then to wear it in a court room, or for interviews, etc. Heck when I went to court to talk about a stupid ticket I got, I pulled it off first thing. But for normal everyday life, like school...I don't bother. I don't wear it at work either.

~Scott

So, I am confused, he is disrespecting the military for swearing? If you believe this you must of never spent any time with anyone in the military. There is probably not a min that someone is using spit or duck in my office. I find crackers name and avatar more offending than the word duck. Cracker could be a racial term so he shouldn't be able to use it and if we are so worried about kids reading this I know I don't want mine seeing a picture of a girl barely wearing a shirt. Oh yeah, what about his location? So, as I understand from thid whole thing is that the rules don't apply to everyone? This should all be considered when someone who is jacked up tries to correct someone else.

Last edited:
So, I am confused, he is disrespecting the military for swearing? If you believe this you must of never spent any time with anyone in the military. There is probably not a min that someone is using spit or duck in my office. I find crackers name and avatar more offending than the word duck. Cracker could be a racial term so he shouldn't be able to use it and if we are so worried about kids reading this I know I don't want mine seeing a picture of a girl barely wearing a shit. This should all be considered when someone who is jacked up tries to correct someone else.

No, the original problem was the use of the word that rhymes with duck in a post in violation of the forum rules. That post was edited and the user received a warning/infraction. He then began a post complaining about being moderated and bashing the moderator. That post was closed by myself and he then received another warning/infraction. He then started a new post taking cheap shots at myself and calling me out. This was all in a hour span or so. At that time the user received a 24 hour time out. That was the end of it. He started this thread upon his return and now it has taken a giant left turn to something about the military and wearing hats somewhere after metal thrasher's post.

So heres how I understand it. Someone got a warning from someone who is equally if not more jacked up than he was and you really expected him not to complain? I would think more people would be worried about the profile of the mod than the little swear of the peeon. I dont understand how this forum would let a mod have a profile with those images or terms. There is something wrong with this system. Oh yeah, I have no affiliation with sua sponte, I just feel he got the wrong end of the deal.

So heres how I understand it. Someone got a warning from someone who is equally if not more jacked up than he was and you really expected him not to complain? I would think more people would be worried about the profile of the mod than the little swear of the peeon. I dont understand how this forum would let a mod have a profile with those images or terms. There is something wrong with this system. Oh yeah, I have no affiliation with sua sponte, I just feel he got the wrong end of the deal.

If you don't like the other guy's avatar, you should complain. There's so much going on at this site that the moderator actions are usually based on complaints. It's likely that nobody has complained about Cracker's name or avatar, though I don't see how either can be relevant here, but if it makes you happy...

Just wondering...is the username 'Darky' offensive to you as well? He's a black guy, for what that's worth to you. :)

I am just saying everyone should be held to the same standards. I would complain to a moderator but, HE IS ONE! Thats the only reason I am bringing it up.

Well, since everyone else is worried about affending 1 person it must me. Well, I guees it really doesn't matter since nobody seems to like sue sponte or care about equal treatment.

Last edited:
Back