• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

thinkin bout making a roofrack/ tent be good for the dunes?

Having done dunes both with and without a tire on the roof, I'd prefer to not have any weight up that high. I've tent camped it in the sand at Pismo before, its not bad. Just put an RV between you and the beach to block the wind.

well it's just gonna be something simple that breaks down when i'm not using it. gona be two main braces and the tarp that im gonna try to get at a military surplus shop. all together it's gonna be much lighter than a spare tire

and im not sure if it's gonna be foggy

here was a sketch i did. tried to keep it in scale but kinda screwed up... might make the top a little diff shape ( flat on top ) for a little more room. and might put some LED's up there hooked up to some 9Volts or somethin haha. and also need to come up with a flip down or hook on ladder

scan.jpg

well it's just gonna be something simple that breaks down when i'm not using it. gona be two main braces and the tarp that im gonna try to get at a military surplus shop. all together it's gonna be much lighter than a spare tire

and im not sure if it's gonna be foggy
gimme about a month and i can prolly have a digital cami brand new poncho tarp for ya, just wait till a stupid boot leaves one out, then its a gear adrift is a gift :)

the new digital are pretty decent size, rough estimate probaly a little over 6 feet tall and maybe 4 and a half width, could be more tho thats just estimate,

the older ones you would find at a surplus store arnt quite as tarpy, they are more blankety, if that makes any sense at all,, and they are much much smaller and prone to rips and leaks

spent many night freezing in wet dew with those

why are they illegal to sell?
currently issued govt property, surplus stores sell discontinued stuff and off brand that arnt the official,

people sell em all the time tho, ive only seen them crack down on people selling govt flak jackets,kevlars, and stuff like that

i stole a flak from an army base in kuwait and everyone made sure i didnt sell it online cause supposevly some people actually have jobs to search internet sites for people selling that kind of shit haha, did make 700 bucks off of it tho to some guy goin blackwater (afterwards i told him he was a dumbass cause im pretty sure blackwater would have issued him 40 flaks if he wanted hahaha)

but yea if you want one of the tarps il keep an eye out im pre sure i can get my hands on atleast 1 maybe 2 for ya

currently issued govt property, surplus stores sell discontinued stuff and off brand that arnt the official,

people sell em all the time tho, ive only seen them crack down on people selling govt flak jackets,kevlars, and stuff like that

i stole a flak from an army base in kuwait and everyone made sure i didnt sell it online cause supposevly some people actually have jobs to search internet sites for people selling that kind of shit haha, did make 700 bucks off of it tho to some guy goin blackwater (afterwards i told him he was a dumbass cause im pretty sure blackwater would have issued him 40 flaks if he wanted hahaha)

but yea if you want one of the tarps il keep an eye out im pre sure i can get my hands on atleast 1 maybe 2 for ya

Geez, I could make a killing with all the left over crap I have laying around.

Geez, I could make a killing with all the left over crap I have laying around.
haha yea man, ive slowly been stocking up, have pre much 2 or 3 of everything, throat pro, groin pro, anything made of kevlar is always worth a nice penny :)

if you have froward pistol grips//broomsticks,,, those are worth a killing too, ones with bi pods go for 50 easily, without are around 30, not sure about the 203 ones

Back