• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Poser pics and wifey flexing it out

shelbyluvv

NAXJA Forum User
I posted another clip this morning in the vid section. But, this one is more of a instructional aid for all the married folk trying to get your ladies into Jeepin.

Here are the poser shots. I need more down travel in the rear.

100_1388.jpg

I have pretty good stuff with the 35's though.

100_1386.jpg

On with the class.

I wanted the old lady to drive today so I could get some video. That way I can watch the suspension and gain other valuable information for the clips. What I learned is priceless! (This is only my wife's second time piloting the beast on any trail let alone one as complicated as Dakota.)

I LEARNED WE DO NOT COMMUNICATE WELL! Watch the clip and see. The language is not so good. But, the suspension works rather well.

Reminds me of trying to get Amie up a dune at Pismo...Kept telling her to floor it (knowing she never does). Then, to my amazement, she floored it. She got about 6-8 feet of air.

hell my wife had a hard time driving on white mountain in big bear and all it is only a bad fire road. My wife need more seat time yours looks like shes doin pretty good

my wife doesnt want the jeep, wont talk about the jeep, wont drive the jeep, and says she never wants to go where the jeep will be used, heck, she wont even touch the jeep!!:dunno:
i just dont understand her thinking, i think her ex reuined her as far as that goes.

on a good note, she doesnt want the jeep, wont talk about the jeep, wont drive the jeep and she wont even touch the jeep, the Jeep is all mine!! :yelclap: ( i kind of wish she would go with me though )

For some reason it's hard to get the wife's to go. Mine has gone only 2 times. Each time I ask her to drive, she says "No". then she will change her mind and drive part of the trail. Then, when we get to end of the trail she is bummed becasue it's over and time to go.

So we bought her a sweet TJ a few weeks ago and going to lift it and then she will be out there wheeling her own junk. She hates my XJ, but likes the idea of having her own and wheeling....

We should have a "powder puff" run and let the wives drive. We coulf something like Gold Mountain in Big Bear.

I just sent you a PM about your bumper. Thanks

Brady

My wife had a great time driving her Jeep on Cliff Hanger in Moab last year and on Gold Mtn. at our L.O.S.T. event in July. She was bummed when we did an easy/scenic trail one of the days in BB because it got boring. She seems to like a little challenge. Funny thing is she didn't even like camping before I met her and hadn't ever gone wheelin'. We have been married for almost 17 yrs and now she just goes with the flow and trys new things. I'm lucky. No way in hell would I have yelled at her when she was driving though, that would have ended the fun right there. Calm, precise communication is real important to a wheeling newB as I am also finding out w/ my 15.5 yr old son who just got his permit.

rpraterxj said:
For some reason it's hard to get the wife's to go. Mine has gone only 2 times. Each time I ask her to drive, she says "No". then she will change her mind and drive part of the trail. Then, when we get to end of the trail she is bummed becasue it's over and time to go.

So we bought her a sweet TJ a few weeks ago and going to lift it and then she will be out there wheeling her own junk. She hates my XJ, but likes the idea of having her own and wheeling....

We should have a "powder puff" run and let the wives drive. We coulf something like Gold Mountain in Big Bear.

LOL.. Yep.. My wife is pretty much the same.. She went wheeling with me a couple of weeks ago and she said that she'll NEVER go again.. Doh.. After see the Robert's BB Run and the Jamboree, I asked if she wanted to go one and she said "SURE".. Doh.. *So Confussed*

Elias

Bring the wives to this run:

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97953

My wife will have her TJ there. I have also posted this run on a another board and they have ladies that own & drive their own vehicles there. Some of them will be there.

erikwylie said:
I better hurry up and get the wifes rig built first!!!

I hear you!

I have 2 and a half weeks to get my wives TJ done. We have not even started it. We have the lift, tires, and SYE in the garage. I ordered the bumpers and armor yesterday. The axles should be here next week. (I bought a matching set of axles from a 2006 LJ, D30 (low pinion) and a D44 rear, both with 3.73 gears. D44 has a trac-lock and disc brakes!)

I have the "starting the lift party" this Saturday (http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=97861)

I may ask for some help the following Sunday and finishing things up. It all depends on how much I can get through the week (nights).

erikwylie said:
I better hurry up and get the wifes rig built first!!!
i still have what you need, pm me.

I will have to bring up the BB trip to the wife when I get home. Last year she got benhind the wheel to pull the jeep forward on the trail abit so we could a nissan unstuck, She took off, and parked the XJ a mile down the trail, I had to catch a ride with the guy in the Nissan.
I need to get her on a harder trail.

Back