• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

getting RE3.5 in lift, which shocks go best?

HeepNomad

NAXJA Forum User
im looking at skyjackers right now they are really cheap,and found buy 3 get 1 free deal on em, but problem is they have a set that says fits cherokee 1-3 in or cherokee 4 in lift, also has grand cherokee 3-4in

which will fit in the best?

also any other suggestions for best shock for price

and sorry if its common question i searched first and showed no results?

I have RE monotubes on my 3.5". great ride, i hear OME shocks are the best ride (most $$ tho)

check 4x4groupbuy.com, i got my shocks for free when i ordered my lift with them, great price, great customer service!!

x2 on shopping around for free/discounted shocks, but i would recommend a naxja supporting vendor, not some hokey group nonsense

The Re 3.5" lift that I have had installed and wheeled for 2 years measures almost 4.5". I recommend installing the lift then measuring the travel (lenght at full compressiona and extension) and selecting the correct length. I made the mistake of selecting a shock for 3' of lift when I first installed the lift and quickly ruined the new shocks because they were not the correct lenght for the lift. I also recommend bilstein 5100 sersies. I run 5150 on the from and 5125 on the rear.

i'm running pro comp es3000's on my RE 3.5" lift. Awesome shocks. Got all 4 for $100 with boots from 4 Wheel Parts. Just do a little negotiating with them and they'll drop your price. I got about $200 off my lift by doing that also.

On shocks you get what you pay for. Many of your low dollar shocks come out of the same plant but just have a different box and sticker thrown inside...ever wonder why most cheap white shocks dont have the stickers installed???? I have spoke with different suspension reps and if they are honest (most are) they will tell you the same. The Bilstein, OME and RE mono tubse are all great shocks, and are not a "batch" shock like many of the multiple application shocks that are out there. I have ran the Bilstein 5100's on a DD and they rode great and performed the same offroad, I am currently running the RE monos on my trail rig and love them. Like I said, you get what you pay for on shocks. As mentioned above, use a NAXJA supporting vendor and most of them will give you a NAXJA discount. Support those who support us. :thumbup:

You can PM RoughCountry or GRIMUS99XJ (it's the same guy) and they will give you a NAXJA discount that will probably be close or even better then the skyjacker deal...and same quality shocks

I have OME shocks made for 3.5"-4.5" on my RE 4.5" kit. They ride amazing on the street and offroad. Wouldn't trade them for a thing and they were worth the extra dough.

Check out edelbrock shocks. I tried mine because I got them for $15 each and they ride awesome. Right now there is a sale for them at $30 each.

at 4.5" of lift with RE SF adj upper and lowers i went for the skyjacker buy 3 get one free deal. i got the nitro's and they lasted 6 month in the front until i could not stand the firm harsh ride. corning was great but i actually blew a fuse on a bumpy road. control arm angle is an issue at that height on short arms. i swapped out the front to bilstein 5100 and couldnt be happier. i still have them in the back until i get the funds for bilstein 5100/5150.

if you dont have drop brackets or long arms with a RE 3.5 lift(might be closer to 4.5"), skyjackers nitros will rattle your teeth out

bilstein 5100's or the remote resy ones (5150's i think). i got the 4" hight ones for my lift and they work fine.

you can't go wrong with either thou. i had ome's on my tj and they where nice but the bil make the jeep ride like a caddy!

Back