• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Black H4 headlight kit

they are S#$&&* lights. i had some that were 'crystal' lens from Advanve auto. stick to stock or real lights.

These lights are made for show off purposes.
The lights are not very reflective because of the black housing, so it is very difficult for drivers to see at night. PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS FACT

WTF? What is the purpose of these headlights? I'm sure our rectangular big uglies aren't for beauty. Don't you want to drive at night? I didn't know anyone had a XJ trailer queen.
:idea:

Last edited:
Terrible, someone got these lights a while back, despite everyone on here telling him how bad they would be, and then he got them, and threw them out, and then apologized to everyone for not listening.

Trust me, I had those light housings with regular reflective surface, not black, and they sucked big time, don't do it.

Just checked. First gloss? Dumb idea.

If you want H4-style, call up Susquehanna Motorsports (www.rallylights.com) and get their Hella H4 housings - either the Vision Plus (DoT-approved) or E-code (not.) Both are good, and respond well to wiring/bulb upgrades.

What I would like to find is some "blackout honeycomb" - it's about 1/2-3/4" thick, flat black, and blocks minimal light straight out (but helps prevent glare on binoculars, and works to "blackout" lights when they're shut off.) I want to modify my headlamp buckets to put some in front of the headlamps, so I can black them out after I (finally!) paint my beast in flat OD green...

What I would like to find is some "blackout honeycomb" - it's about 1/2-3/4" thick, flat black, and blocks minimal light straight out (but helps prevent glare on binoculars, and works to "blackout" lights when they're shut off.) I want to modify my headlamp buckets to put some in front of the headlamps, so I can black them out after I (finally!) paint my beast in flat OD green...

Do you mean something like this?

Product # 9635K13

http://www.mcmaster.com/

Back