• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Occasional Fuel Smell on Startup.. injectors

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
On very rare occasion I get a fuel smell on startup. My research here shows its the injectors leaking.

I've got no problem replacing them. The Jeep isn't a DD. Unfortunately I'm out of town for work this weekend, and have a wheeling trip next weekend and no time to replace them in between (assuming I could get a set in time)

Any temporary fixes to get this thing through another weekend?

mine leaked for at least 6months to a year before i replace the injectors.

once warmed up, do you smell gas?

your research say injectors, but have you actually identified whether its the injector body, o-rings, fpr, or a quick disconnect?

if the injector body is cracked, then you could use sealant or jb weld for a temp fix. if its just a quick diconnect, you could replace the o-ring or jget new quick disconnects.

I haven't looked at it yet. I've smelled fuel twice recently. Once warmed up, no smell. From what i've read people who replace the o-ring on the rail often find that they have a leaking injector pop up after, so I'd do it all at once anyway.

Back