• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Update on the $1 Jeep I posted last week

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Hey guys.

Just thought I'd let you all know what ended up happening to that $1 Jeep I posted up.

It needed to be gone that next day, so the owner and I were exploring a couple different avenues for it. One was NAXJA, the other was donation to Ship 16, a scout unit that I work with in Marina Del Rey.

The vehicle ended up going to Ship 16, where myself and a few of the other leaders are getting it roadworthy so we can sell it and use the money for the scout program.

Last night after I dropped the parts off at Grimm's I went over to work on it. The battery had been charged back up and is holding a charge, but is still kind of weak. The power steering was low and leaks a bit, but once we got some fluid in it the steering was working great.

The rt rear tire isn't holding air for more than 3 days, but the spare is good so we're changing that. The power locks dont work, we discovered that at the end of the night and my friend said he'll check the fuse in the morning and we can go from there.

The biggest problem was the fact that the Jeep would shut off after about 1/4 mile due to the cat overheating. Since that meant we can't get it to an exhaust shop anyways, we took a sawzall to the cat last night. Sure enough, it was completely blocked. I held it up to a shop light and you couldn't see a thing through the cat!

Some pics of the Jeep are below. I'm excited for getting this thing back on the road, and its not even like I get to use it!

DSC03680.jpg

DSC03682.jpg

thats not a bad looking jeep...

im curious to see what goes on with fixing it...

good work

Yeah, I'm digging it, I love the interior, contemplated swapping it to mine last night.

Oh and just so you all know, 4.0's sound pretty awesome with open exhaust. But damn do they stink.

What year is it?

242t-case?

How much you going to ask for it? I see it is a 89, this is a twin to mine... I want now...

We're still working that out, naxja might be a good help there.

I was thinking around 2k would be fair considering the newer engine, the work we're doing to get her on the road, and that the proceeds all go to charity.

Cool! Good job and good cause.

Back