• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE Track Bar Brace

It is not supposed to keep the frame from moving, it is to prevent the leverage that the drop bracket for the trackbar creates that keeps loosening the bracket bolts on the drop bracket

It is not supposed to keep the frame from moving, it is to prevent the leverage that the drop bracket for the trackbar creates that keeps loosening the bracket bolts on the drop bracket

That explains why my bolts have come loose giving me DW twice...I pulled them and put lock-tite on, so far so good. :dunno:

Something to keep in mind if the problem persist.

~Scott

You're supposed to put nuts on the ends of the bolts and tighten them down so that there is a clamping load on the frame.

yep - i just did mine and was grateful that the pass side that is pictured has some wiggle room to help line everything up - once mocked into place then like Phil said you tighten it up which serves as the clamp he was talking abount - with those nylocs snug the brace really will not be going anywhere

yep - i just did mine and was grateful that the pass side that is pictured has some wiggle room to help line everything up - once mocked into place then like Phil said you tighten it up which serves as the clamp he was talking abount - with those nylocs snug the brace really will not be going anywhere

Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead.

For the record though, I ended up having to buy the brace because my bolts kept coming loose. I've had ZERO problems since the initial PITA brace install.

~Scott

Back