• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pro comp lowers, or stock?

Hellbent

NAXJA Forum User
right now i'm sitting at about 3" over stock by way of up country springs and a teraflex spacer w/the stock isolator. i have a set of pro comp lower arms in perfect shape(from a 3.5" kit) just sitting around, and was wondering if i should swap them in place of my stock lowers, or just leave it alone. i'll be going higher eventually with jks adjustables/re springs/blahblahblah, but i thought for now the pro comp lowers might be a better choice than the stock arms. thoughts?

Stock is better than Pro-crap,you can even clearance your shock mounts to eliminate any binding.

install them for sure...I don't know why everybody thinks Pro Comp is crap. I've never run their suspension b4, but have used their shocks on every off-road vehicle I've had and they are great! Pro Comp is made by 4WheelParts.

Strength isnt an issue flex is,PC's will rip your mounts off!

Look at a pro-comp mount. You have a hard poly bushing at each end, and no "flex" point in the mount.

When you articulate your suspension, it stresses the mounts at both ends of your control arm, and will eventually rip the axle end mount off of your rig.

stock XJ control arms are a U shape, and are designed to twist when your suspension articulates to relieve stress.

We have a local with drop brackets, a 44/60, 37's, and stock control arms. He's been running that way for 5 years. (I wouldn't do it myself, but its working out for him.)

Strength isnt an issue flex is,PC's will rip your mounts off!

this sort of thing is my concern. especially after i read about the controlled flex of the stock arms and rubber bushings. after reading that, i flexed it out hard(max stuff) on a rock-and what do you know?! the arms do "twist" sort of. i'm concerned that the procomps wil only be able to move on a single plane, and while being stronger, might actually hurt wheel travel. 3" on stock arms obviously isn't ideal, but it's not too bad for now.

Look at a pro-comp mount. You have a hard poly bushing at each end, and no "flex" point in the mount.

When you articulate your suspension, it stresses the mounts at both ends of your control arm, and will eventually rip the axle end mount off of your rig.

stock XJ control arms are a U shape, and are designed to twist when your suspension articulates to relieve stress.

We have a local with drop brackets, a 44/60, 37's, and stock control arms. He's been running that way for 5 years. (I wouldn't do it myself, but its working out for him.)

very good info, thanks cal!

I have a set of Procomp LCA's that I got at the wreckers for cheap and when I do my 3" lift I plan to run them but replace the poly bushings with rubber bushings. I will get the JKS LCA's sometime, but I figure these will work in the meantime.

I have a set of Procomp LCA's that I got at the wreckers for cheap and when I do my 3" lift I plan to run them but replace the poly bushings with rubber bushings. I will get the JKS LCA's sometime, but I figure these will work in the meantime.

Where are you going to find rubber bushings that fit? Besides,because of the size they would flex much better!

i'd probably try and run them IF they had rubber bushings in them. anyone ever found a rubber bushing application that fits these arms?

Back