• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I drove the Jeep to work today and....

IslanderOffRoad

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
No leaks from the transfer case
No leaks from the front axle
None from the oil filter adapter

Still a tiny one from the power steering, but I can live with that!

Now that everything works right I can go back to spending money on new fancy parts!

Nice. Still tired of wrenching? :D

Feels better to work on something when you see the results!

Nice. Still tired of wrenching? :D

Feels better to work on something when you see the results!

Somewhat. But I'm ready to put on my rear bumper and put the new sub box in when they get here

No leaks from the transfer case
No leaks from the front axle
None from the oil filter adapter

Still a tiny one from the power steering, but I can live with that!

Now that everything works right I can go back to spending money on new fancy parts!

And then your Secratary walks in and tells you the Garbage truck just smashed into your Jeep.:D

Funny thing when I left work yesterday. The Jeep was a bit muddy from Big Bear last week. There was a one page letter on my Jeep about how the parking in the lot is for employees only, a permit is required for parking, and how to get one.

My other car that I park here every day doesn't have a permit, nobody at my office has a permit. Apparently they just like singling out muddy Jeeps.

I'm gonna call the management and complain.

Sounds like you've got your XJ in pretty good shape there, John. I've fixed all my leaks too, except for the oil filter housing. That's starting to leak pretty bad, I should do that soon.

Late last night when I got home I notice a pretty quick front puddle. Seems like the p/s fluid is running across the front crossmember and dripping in a spot that seems like coolant should drip from.

The p/s leak is from where the hose goes into my p/s cooler. I've tightened the clamp and it doesnt help.

Sounds like you've got your XJ in pretty good shape there, John. I've fixed all my leaks too, except for the oil filter housing. That's starting to leak pretty bad, I should do that soon.

if you need help with the filter housing let me know, iv'e made the tool, no sense in you cutting up a wrench too. simi dodge/jeep has the parts for like 4 bucks.

if you need help with the filter housing let me know, iv'e made the tool, no sense in you cutting up a wrench too. simi dodge/jeep has the parts for like 4 bucks.

I bought a "universal oil filter housing repair set" with like 20 different o-rings, but maybe I should just get the "real" part from the dealer if it's that cheap. I don't know if I need the same tool for mine, I have the giant Torx on mine. Last time I could not get it to budge, I guess I need my football playing brother to break it loose for me. :D

Mine has the giant torx too. I have that bit as well.

I cut a 9/16th wrench down on one end so only the box end was still on it. I took a Torx bit and duct taped it to the wrench through the box end. I then set up that on the filter adapter with the wrench pointing up. I slid my hi-lift handle down through the open hood on to the wrench and used that for leverage. Broke loose pretty easy that way.

Ok, that sounds like just what I need to break loose that stubborn @#$%. I'll PM you about borrowing it. :)

Back