• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Explitive NSS!

toast

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, this is more of a rant than anything else. I'm working on a 97 XJ with only 273k. The NSS is jacked, and I can't get the switch off the AW4 shaft.

Tried this trick,
nss2t.jpg

and all that happened was I popped the nut off. Tried again, and did the same thing happened. Tried 2 screwdrivers, 2 pry bars. I have progressed from being delicate, to careful, to forceful, to careless, to trying to destroy it. Nothing is giving! I have dropped the tranny X-member to gain additional access with no avail. I jammed screwdrivers behind it, and heard the plastic cracking, but the dang thing wont budge! At this point I dont care if I destroy it, as I have a spare, but I would like to re-use it if possible. I am just short of taking a sledge hammer to it....anyone else have this issue? Suggestions?

grab the biggest pry bar you can get on it and give it hell. I just replaced mine on the 98 and that was how i got it off. Three days soaking with pb, and it wouldn't budge. Bent the 18 inch pry bar (made in china junk though).

Back