• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

aussie locker help

yourconfusedhaha

NAXJA Forum User
iv posted before but didnt have good pics and now i finally got it out and all cleaned up

lil info, for the first 20k miles it ran great and i loved it, then i started randomly locking/unlocking and throwin me around my line every one in a while

in a dana 35

while out wheeling one weekend it started getting worse and worse to the point it would do what ever, tire would lock up, spin backwards then go all in about a second

ended up having to drive home having it pop about every 5 seconds so i was all over my lane

my question is, does it look like it was out of spec? or factory defect? i had the feeling it was caused by a bent housing after playin in the rocks one day but never could tell if it was bent. most of the teath damage was done on the drivers side of the set up

lastly do you think it would still be good in a new housing or is it :skull1:

CIMG0057.jpg

CIMG0058.jpg

CIMG0059.jpg

CIMG0060.jpg

CIMG0061.jpg

CIMG0062.jpg

CIMG0056.jpg

CIMG0055.jpg

How were the tolerances while it was in the carrier? Were they within limits? Its possible your thrust washers got worn down, throwing it out of spec.

Well, he could always have his specs from when he installed it. I was thinking he could have checked the specs before he pulled it out of the carrier and compared them to his first specs that he has written down already. :)

You put 12,500 miles on it in 8 months!? Sorry, I know that doesn't help with your question, but wow--that's a lot of driving.

were'ed you get 12.5k from?

i put 20k on in about 8 months with the locker, in the year and 3 months iv owned the jeep its seen close to 40k miles

60 + miles a day really adds up

Yeah, I'm tired, I guess. I took 20k to be 20,000 kilometers which equals 12427 miles. Nevermind me--it's 4:18 a.m. here and I still have to make breakfast for my boys in just a couple hours.

Back