• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Aussie locker

Yes, they are great. I recomend them to everyone that cant afford an ARB. Ive had one in my front dana 30 turning 35s and never had a problem with the locker. Im hard on my Heep too. Since the lockers been in, ive busted a u-joint and the locker held up, ive shredded a ring gear and the locker held up, and ive busted a ball joint and the locker held up.
It only unlocks when your foot is completely off the gas, otherwise its locked in just like any other no slip.

has anybody put oe of these in their daily driver in a place that gets alot of snow and ice, how does it affect your control?

Yes, they are great. I recomend them to everyone that cant afford an ARB. Ive had one in my front dana 30 turning 35s and never had a problem with the locker. Im hard on my Heep too. Since the lockers been in, ive busted a u-joint and the locker held up, ive shredded a ring gear and the locker held up, and ive busted a ball joint and the locker held up.
It only unlocks when your foot is completely off the gas, otherwise its locked in just like any other no slip.

Mine will unlock going around a corner no matter what. Gas or no gas it ratchets around a corner.

searching will yield a mountain of results larger than the biggest piles of snow in a huge parking lot after a blizard dumped 2'

Does the locker when in 4x4 climbing over obstacles in a turn react like on the street allowing the outer wheel to turn faster.I am just wondering if it is friendlier than lets say ARB locked.

I have posted several times on Aussie Locker behavior in wet and icy conditions. Its nothing peculiar to the Aussie, its true for all hard auto lockers, lunch box or full case.

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=974190 see reply #18

This thread below was a discussion on mini spools but what happened to the guy with the rear Detroit on ice versus my minispool and my buddies open-open rig is very illuminating on the problems that autolockers bring on ice.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=970197 see reply #12

I have Aussies front and rear. I love them and strongly recommend them. I dont do off camber ice under any circumstances now because of the lack of control. This is one reason folks put up the coin for selectable lockers or run a spool in the rear (eats tires, I couldnt afford it when I started to DD the rig).

John

Love it in the Snow! I make special trips to pull 3/4 ton dizzles with my 1/4 ton XJ!! Welded in the rear though..

Back