• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Anybody used rough country's 4.5" lift?

aeheschutte

NAXJA Forum User
i was just wondering if anybody had any feedback on how Rough Country's 4.5" lift is all around. I am going to still use this as my DD. And this is my first lift. If anybody has any suggestions or advice on this lift, please feel free to let me know. Thanks a ton.

A friend and I are going tomorrow to pick up two of the 4.5" kits.

One thing everybody recommends is full rear spring packs. Stay away from add-a-leaves.

You might PM Grimus99XJ (Jason). He is a Rough Country rep and can answer any questions you might have. Jason is very helpful and offers excellent customer service.

i run it. with an extra stock isolator. get the full leaf packs. the add a leaf sucks @$$. also add the sway bar diconnects.

also jason has the abilty to lower the price by 10%. every little bit helps.

Thank you a ton. Do you think it will look goofy with 30's? I just bought tires and wheels, not expecting to find this good of deal on the lift or the tires.

it will look a little funny. but youll get used to it after a while. after looking at 35s everyday i want to jump up to 37s

I'm running that lift and I like it. I tossed on some 1" greasable shackles on the rear, sits a little high, not very noticable, but I know it. I'm running 31's, and the fender gap is large, however the 31's tuck in pretty dang nice.

Just as a little heads up, if you get the kit with the adjustable control arms, and after you install it and you hear a good clank noise going over bumps etc.., ADD grease to the upper CA's. Don't ask, I figured that out this afternoon...lol

Mac
PICs on my profile.

I have that same lift with the full spring packs. I personally think that it rides kinda rough but, I've only got about 1000 miles on it so far. I did install some drop brackets and adjustable upper control arms after the intial install. For the price it's a good deal.

I've been running one for a couple of years now and like it. Just make sure you get the new version with the shackle extensions.

Thank you a ton. Do you think it will look goofy with 30's? I just bought tires and wheels, not expecting to find this good of deal on the lift or the tires.

It will look a little strange, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

I'm going to run P235/75R15 tires with mine and switch to some 32" tires for trail riding. At least that is my plan until I can get my axles regeared.

The only additional item I'm planning to purchase for mine is a new track bar.

I bought their 4.5" lift a few years back and so far the only thing I still have left on there from the original kit is the springs. The shocks and control arms got swapped out for RE stuff, much better quality. I bought an adj. track bar and bracket,sway bar discos,hack&tap sye and rear driveshaft from RE too.

One thing that I forgot to mention is that this is a very basic lift kit, You will need and want many more items after it's installed. You might go ahead and get a more complete kit if the money is there. Your going to spend it anyway.

Back