• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

To RE 4.5" (RE 6130) users...

korr2236

NAXJA Forum User
hi~~

i'm running 2001 XJ RE 4.5" kit (RE 6130) with 32" tires...

my question is from ground to front and rear fender flares, how much are your height?

as for my rig, 'strangely' front is lower than rear by 1.8"........

by the way my front tires rub terribly when sway bar is disconnected......

so i'm thinking about adding 1.5" ~ 2" bushings on front coil springs...

thank you for reading and have a nice weekend~~~~

I had this same problem with the 3.5 Superflex. The coil springs gave me the 3.5" up front, but the leaves gave me about 5" in the back. Did you tighten the shackle bolts before or after you set it back down on the ground? If you did it before that might be the cause of it. Tightening the bolts too much before putting it back on the ground won't allow the leaves to settle properly.

x2 with the 3.5. I wouldve had the same problem except i put 2" coil spacers in the front. Occasionally it still looks like its just a tiny bit higher in the back, but if you went with 2" spacers in front it would fix your prob.

I have an RE 4.5" with 31's. I'm running about 5" in the front and 6" in the back using the boomerang shackles. The description for the boomerangs is a little vague but I'm guessing "a little over an inch of lift" is roughly equivalent to the 1.25" listed for the ones which come with the 4.5" Superflex kit.

Yep.. After my 4.5" Super-Flex lift, it was 1.5" higher in the rear. And it still hasn't settled after a year.. DOH..

ELias

mine settled down to just over 5.5 in the rear , and 4.5 frt .
i wound up putting in a 3/4 in. coil spacer to level it out .

side.jpg

korr2236 said:
hi~~

i'm running 2001 XJ RE 4.5" kit (RE 6130) with 32" tires...

my question is from ground to front and rear fender flares, how much are your height?

as for my rig, 'strangely' front is lower than rear by 1.8"........

by the way my front tires rub terribly when sway bar is disconnected......

so i'm thinking about adding 1.5" ~ 2" bushings on front coil springs...

thank you for reading and have a nice weekend~~~~

The rear is higher and will be unless your springs settle. BTW I have 31'x10.5 with 4.5" BS and no rubbing or bumpsteer.

I have the same kit. Its rare if your RE kit is level. I put spacers in the front, also due to the weight of bumper and hitch lowering the front.

And i have 33" mtr's with TJ flairs. No rubing.

Is it possible to remove a leaf from the pack to make it level?

I just put a 3.5" lift on my XJ, which is not my serious off-road beater (I have a TJ for that), I heard that RE lifts arent even so i put some 3/4" spacers in the front and the rear still sits high about 1"!!!

I dont really want to put a 2" spacer on top of my front 3.5" springs because i dont want 5" of lift nor the problems associated with it, so I was trying to figure out a way to make the rear go down.

Not knowing much about leaf springs, and the fact that AAL's exist, I was wondering if it was possible to remove a leaf from the rear pack to hopefully drop it about 1".

Otherwise I'm figuring that I need to throw some heavy stuff on the back and level it out.

i have the same kit and my tires rub like crazy but only on the front bumper ends. I have seen not damage to my tires yet so im not worried about it and soo i will be getting a new ront bumper so im not too worried about it.

Not to highjack this thread, but it sounds like everyone here gets a little more lift in the rear. I also bought the RE 6130 but I sag in the rear. I have called RE and they told me to get the numbers off the spring pack and they would let me know what the ride height should be. RE telling me the ride heiht for the springs I have doesn't tell me if I got the right springs. I would like to hear form you guys as to what numbers you have on your spring packs. I have a feeling I got the wrong springs in my kit. Thanks.

korr2236 said:
i'm not sure 'cause i did it at ' 4Wheel Parts'

Make sure you got everything, the shorted me brake line extensions and a t-case drop. Doesn't seem like much, but its another $150 i need to spend now.

PoSxJ said:
Make sure you got everything, the shorted me brake line extensions and a t-case drop. Doesn't seem like much, but its another $150 i need to spend now.

I'll sell you the t-case drop for cheap. I did not install it and I still have it. PM me.

Back