• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird alternator question

camarors8992

NAXJA Forum User
My jeep came with the optional 120amp alternator, and it recently went and I replaced it with a spare 90 amp i had laying around. It's time to replace the 90 amp as it just isn't up to the job of keeping up with my jeep's electrical needs. I got prices from Napa, autozone, and advance but came across something weird at advance. They offer a 136amp alternator for my 98 Cherokee. Is this just the Grand Cherokee unit, or will it fit right into my cherokee with no issues ?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/Pr...e=ATI&MfrPartNumber=13746&PartType=11&PTSet=A

it should fit. you might have to grind the bracket a little, but no biggie. I bought the 120 amp alternator off of ebay for $70 shipped, it was completely rebuilt. I forget the name of the vendor, but he sells all types of alternators. It works great and comes with a 1 year warranty. I believe that's half the price you'll be paying at the parts stores!

Back