• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

UCA Mount Brace

chris420

NAXJA Forum User
So I decided to spend my Sunday boxing in my UCA mount. After some discussion with Eric Zappe I started me plan of action. I used 3/16" plate and made template and then used my imagination.

#1 I cleaned up the axle tube and brackets with a 4.5" 60 grit wheel.

#2 I then made a template for the face plate.

#3 Then I made a bottom plate that would fill in the gap boxing the mount.

#4 I then clamped it to the UCA mount with a 4" C clamp and welded the shit out of it. I had to remove the passenger tire and the steering stabilizer in order to get my welding gun around the steering and be able to see what I was doing. In some areas of me welding I could not see what I was doing so I was welding blind. All in all I think it turned out ok.

Last edited:
Thanks for the write-up. Its something I need to do.

Did you provide a drain hole at the low point?
I see two holes midway up the brace but that would leave a trapped spot below to capture dirt and water.

looking good!
I did something similar to that:
IMG_1684.jpg

Ya there is a drain hole about the size of my finger. The holes half way up are for air to push the water and mud out the bottom at least that was my theory.

Nice work!
They both look good :thumbup:

Back