• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st annual olallie lake snow crawl.

juniorXJ

NAXJA Forum User
This was the most interesting snow run ive been on in reacent years. Its one thing to drive on 3 feet of snow, its a complietly different animal driving through 3 feet of powder with 2 foot of packed under that. The motto for the day was "Okay, im stuck." the word for the day was "Tugabuddy." it was fun.

i started off my day late as usual. my alarm clock drifted off frequency (clock radio) had it set for 6:30 but woke up at 7:30. got everything together shoved it in the Jeep and off i went. got to 92nd and foster and realized i forgot my spare pepsi and monster. crap! to late now. made it almost to barbara welch rd and foster the bridge was closed with cops and everything. damit! get back to I205 and head south to 212. smooth sailing all the way to esticada. As i hop onto 211 im thinking so far so good. Till i get to about 600 foot or so. than it was this almost to colton.
DSC_3013.jpg

by some amazing feat, i made it to the safeway before everyone left.
LETS GO!
DSC_3016.jpg

perfect spot to relieve some pressure.
DSC_3021.jpg

its grown alot in 2 years.
DSC_3043.jpg

snow got pretty deep pretty quick.
DSC_3055-1.jpg

just a quick tug.
DSC_3061.jpg

all the way up the hill.
DSC_3071.jpg

DSC_3087.jpg

this should be a poster.
DSC_3095.jpg

meet the dozer.
DSC_3109.jpg

DSC_3111.jpg

DSC_3114.jpg

another stuck.
DSC_3120.jpg

was a gorgious day.
DSC_3123.jpg

you guessed it, more coming.

Great pictures Terry!

I had a fun day and I think everyone learned something new in the realm of deep snow and tire pressure and tire pressure gauges. Low is our friend and not all gauges are created equal. The reason it took me so long to get down at the end was I stopped and aired up in the daylight. What a mistake that was, it was all I could do to get out.

almost stuck.
DSC_3130.jpg

camo has its advantige. there are 3 Jeeps in this photo.
DSC_3163.jpg

overexposed but i like it.
DSC_3183.jpg

even i get stuck every now and then.
DSC_3274.jpg

these is cool.
DSC_3284.jpg

DSC_3286.jpg

sometimes trees get in the way. chainsaw to the front.
DSC_3299.jpg

on our way again.
DSC_3313-1.jpg

we didnt make it too super far. right around 3:45pm or so we dicided to turn around
DSC_3362.jpg

rod had to see if he could still do it.
DSC_3363.jpg

then got stuck going downhill
DSC_3389.jpg

DSC_3411.jpg

DSC_3438.jpg

DSC_3465.jpg

still a few more.

last couple

DSC_3512-1.jpg

it looks fake. see ken, i had you keep them lights on for a reason.
DSC_3548.jpg

airing up after a day of flogage.
DSC_3552.jpg

hay rod, your womans head aint atatched.
DSC_3553.jpg

all aired up and off. heading home for some sleep.
DSC_3563.jpg

thats all i got for Jeeps, ill have some scienic stuff up soon.

Good stuff, looks like fun. That blue chopped cherokee confused me a little.

~Scott

Great pics Terry. It looks like we made about 10 miles from where we aired down. We had 15 miles to get back on pavement, and 49 miles to get to Olallie lake. Maybe next time.

this is one of those runs that needs to be tried again. definatly annualy but at least once more this season. it is beautiful up there.

Back