• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tera Flex Disc Kit for 8.25 questions

Spawn 93

NAXJA Forum User
Any body have any idea which calipers I can grab at the Pull A Part to fit on the Tera Flex disc kit??

I have all but the calipers and the discs themselves.

Thanks,

Brian

I think the kit is the exact same as parts from a 90's grand Cherokee with rear discs. The parts look identical. And if you just yank the parts from a GC, it is pretty much a bolt on installation.

Thanks for the input fellas, anybody else have any opinions???

Just tryin to hear all suggestions!

Call Teraflex. They are an exploder but I can't remember what year.

I tried calling Teraflex earlier, but I was unable to get through to them. I might have been calling during lunch......
Top for any more knowledge!!!

i did a quick google search last night regarding this thread, but couldnt figure it out enough to post back, according to http://4x4icon.com/offroad/081206_dana_44/index.htm

"TeraFlex’s Disc Brake Kit is modeled after the 1990’s Ford Explorer, 93-98 Jeep Grand Cherokee (ZJ) and the new Jeep Rubicon's. Any of those applications will have the same pads and shoes. The kit is made to be interchangeable with the factory rear disc brakes on a 1990's Grand Cherokee ZJ and are also interchangeable with the disc brake rotors and pads on the Wrangler Rubicon with factory rear disc brakes."

so.. taking what i know about using explorer calipers/backing plates on a diy basis, it probably uses the explorer caliper, w/ the grand cherokee rotor (which is very similar to an explorer, with the exception of hat height)

that being said, your doing all the work of DIY, why even bring teraflex into the equation then?

a crown vic or explorer writeup or two or ninety are floating around, do a search, its easy.

thanks for the quote! I just needed a good starting point. I kinda figured it was interchangeable with something that is 5 on 5.5 lug since the kit rotors are double drilled (term?). I will relegate myself to the searching portion of this wonderful library of info.

Thanks again!!
Brian

heres a good thread i found usefull. ive done two d44's w/ crown vic discs via http://www.jeepin.com/features/cvdiscs/ , and im tired of the grinding involved! my next d44 will be explorer based, as its a little bit closer to bolt on.
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=967146&highlight=d44+explorer

the ONLY good thing about the teraflex kit, is that its a kit. i myself didnt mind getting junkyard parts, and im sure it saved me a bit of coin as well.

oh, and the spacer they sell... but ive gone the rubi retainer plate route in the past.

90's ZJ rear disks and rotors. this is what was told to me by terraflex, as i already had those in my posession when purchasing the teraflex parts.

do yourself a favor, and use the junkyard calipers for CORES for remanufactured calipers. new ones with a core are only like $20 a pop, and come with new banjo's, crush washers, slide pins and boots, greased and ready to go. i too also went the rubicon retainer route.

thanks for the info tomcat.

I called Teraflex this morning and the tech guy recommended 98 Explorer Rear calipers and 05 Rubicon rotors.

Any thoughts?
I am probably gonna use the 90's ZJ parts since they are the most commonly suggested. Good point on the CORES as well.

Back